Wednesday, July 1, 2009

O Canada




Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.


With glowing hearts we see thee rise,The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.


God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.


Happy Canada Day!! She's now 142!! Not bad, not bad!!! Our day started normally, with the kids bouncing, and Poppa grumping, and me packing! No mail today, so there's nothing to report there! I am however, FULLY packed in the truck with all the boxes I've done and the loose stuff...the only thing left is the over nite bags with our current clothes in them, and the toiletries and the highchair and booster seat. That's it! Just waiting for the letter and we're GONE!!!!!! It can't come quick enough either!

With my approval last week, my mom invited all my siblings for Canada day and surprisingly, all 5 of them showed!!!! Soooo awesome! I see my little sis A LOT as she works for my parents....I see my middle sis frequently...and my oldest sis rarely! My brothers....are so so...so it was really good to see us all together! That hasn't happened since 2000 at my first wedding. My oldest bro didn't stay long as he's got horse allergies and dad's hobby is horses....so he stays as long as his lungs will let him and then takes off. My other brother had a massage booked for today with his wife so they left after a couple hours. My sisters stayed for a great visit!!!! And my Aunt came too! So in total there was 17 people for the day. Not too shabby!

We had a great amount of food and it seemed to not stop flowing....from cold cuts and cheeses and vegetables to roasted chicken and corn on the cob, and TONNES of desserts!!! All of it was YUMMY!!!! We weren't left with too many left overs, but just enough to enjoy it again tomorrow if we're still here!

After everyone left I put SamSam down for the nite...living in the country does have one perk around fireworks holidays....no noise! My dad didn't really want to go watch fireworks so he stayed behind and made sure Sam kept sleeping...lol And my mom and I took DJ to watch some fireworks. We got THE PERFECT parking spot in the driveway OUT of the Armories bldg...and great lawn seats to watch them over the trees across the river. Just perfect! The notsoperfect part of it...they didn't start til 10:30!!!! Thankfully they were only 10 mins long (even tho it was short it was enough for DJ!) and we were back home by 10:50! With DJ in bed by 11 and asleep by 11:05! He did try once to pull the potty stunt!

The dishes are done and I'm heading to bed....please pray that the post man brings us the letter we're ALL waiting for!!!


Til next time...ciao eh!

2 comments:

  1. Very patriotic especially for someone who wants to leave so bad!! Any news?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'm Canadian through and through!!! It's just that my home happens to be in WA right now...no news! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!