Friday, July 24, 2009

You know I like my chicken fried

Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up

I've had this song stuck in my head for a couple days!!! But now it's Friday nite, and we had beer can chicken for dinner....so it made song by Zac Brown Band that much more on my mind! LOL

Today was a marvelous Friday!!! DJ joined me about quarter to 7, and snuggled with me til 8...and fell back to sleep. I just love this time!! He likes back to back sleeping, which is perfect for me....no knees or elbows diggin into me! Once we get up, Samantha hears him running after the dog and calls out for us! I think I end up messing up breakfast by giving the kids sippy cups right away, but Sam is usually just begging for one!!! Tomorrow, I'll try giving to them when I give them breakfast....

We didn't have anything pressing on the agenda for today, so we went to Fred Myers, and used up some coupons for stuff we needed. And stuff we didn't....I am female!!! When I came back here in May for my visit, I went to FM's then and saw this purse there that was on sale for 40% off. GAH! It was 54.00 on the tag...and even with the 40% off I couldn't swing it or justify it. Today...was a different story!!! It was marked down to 22.97....WITH AN ADDITIONAL 60% OFF!!!!!!!! How on earth would any woman pass up that deal!??! I got a 54.00 purse for 10.06 tax included!!! Oh yeah...I see the jealousy floating around!!! LOL I'll take a pic of it tomorrow and post it...y'know, before it gets Mommyfied....and kid grubbed!!

On our way home from shopping, I decided we'd stop at the park that's up the street from our house. DJ was pleasantly surprised!!! I hadn't said anything, just turned into the parking lot and he pipes up "We're at the regular park?!" They both enjoyed the whole park....it was almost barren! 4 older boys playing basketball...another mom and daughter, who left shortly after we got there, and then another mom and her two kids....so my two roamed all over the place!!

Came home and had lunch and naps! Today I did try something different...back at my parents house because of our sleeping arrangements, I took cat naps with DJ on my mom's bed. So today, DJ and I took a nap together! He lasted a little over an hour...which was good enough for me! And it took away the crankies around dinner time! And bed time...was a breeze!!!! I think we're finally getting the hang of it! lol I went up to tuck him in after settling SamSam, and he was sound asleep! LOVE it!!!!!

I've putzed around tonite, got the pictures put in frames, wrapped a wedding gift, watched a bunch of stuff on DVR....it's been a nice quiet Friday nite! *sigh*

Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!