Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gold Medal Day!

WOW...did you see that game!!?!?!?


I'll admit, I really only paid attention, as in sitting down to watch it, the last 10 minutes of the last period...the rest of the time I was running interference between Howie and the kids! Not to mention feeding them lunch, and putting Sam down for her nap!

Besides, the last 10 minutes were THE most exciting!!!! Well, until the last 24.4 seconds when US tied the game up! Oh, that was heart plummeting!

Then the overtime was VERY exciting!!!!

Wish I could have seen the goal the first time instead of on a replay.....

Don't laugh.....

I thought DJ had taken off...he was outside playing and when I went to check on him he was no where to be found! Lara saw me looking and popped her head out her slider and said he wasn't there...I started to panic and call out his name...nothing.

Howie came out to see what I was doing and I told him, we lost DJ and we have to go find him.

At which point, he informs me that DJ's in the bathroom and needs his butt wiped.

Again...don't laugh!!!

I wasn't!

That's when Howie told me Canada won the gold medal in the hockey game! *sigh*

I will also admit, I teared up hearing the anthem being played at the medal ceremony, and watching all the pride with which each hockey player sang along! So awesome!!!!! Best games yet for Canada!!!

After all the hoopla, I took off to get some of the sales that were ending today at Safeway and Albertsons...and took a slight, kid free detour to Ben Franklin! Let me tell you....I feel like I won a gold medal myself as I scored AWESOME yarn there for a 1.00 a skein!!!! Oh, so awesome!! I also got a rather easy sounding pattern for a pull over sweater for Sam...so I may frog what I started last nite and do this one...its done in one piece...not 4!

Now that I'm done blogging....I'm off to watch some TV and knit...I've had the closing ceremonies on since the kids went to bed...sure don't like the American version after hearing all about the Canadian version from friends on Facebook. Stupid CBC/CTV war!!

Til next time...ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you, cheering on those Canadians! It was a great game, though; even got my household excited about hockey.

    I'm jealous you still have a Ben Franklins... all ours closed around here! I might need you to go on a shopping spree there for me (just kidding... kinda).

    I'm thrilled Jennifer won your Avon giveaway-- she ROCKS, and like you, she's another of my Queens!

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!