Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Company's Coming

Tonite we had a dear friend...well the daughter of a friend really....but since she's almost 21, she can now be the dear friend...oh bother, you know what I mean!

Anyways, we had a dear friend come over for dinner....she had a shift with her company here in Monroe, so we invited her to dine with us since she was SO close!!!

Today was busy!!! We got up and while I was getting breakfast ready, DJ asked me if we could go to the restaurant again for breakfast...he LOVES going out to eat! Mr Social! I declined breakfast, but suggested the library for story time and he was hooked!!!

Today was the first time we actually arrived BEFORE it started!!!! Whew! And today was all about Valentines (I love how DJ says it, like most kids, Valentimes) Day and the stories were about love, the songs were cute and the craft was making Valentines cards. With markers!!! And I have to say, the markers alone took me back! I remember saving up money to buy the markers that smelled.....cherry, licorice, blueberry, apple...and so on....HOURS of fun colouring with those things! I even remember being 13 and selling them (hesitantly) at a garage sale we had before moving!! Wild how a marker can do that eh?

Anyways, they had fun today! None of my other mommy friends were there, til the very end when one showed up about 10 minutes before it was over. We chatted while the kids played and before I knew it, it was almost noon!!! So we headed home, had lunch, I vacuumed, and then put Samantha down for her nap (I'm SO ready to wean her now!!) and then kept on with the cleaning and cooking.

I made this to-die-for dessert! Gooey Caramel Chocolate Bars....sinful!!! And they turned out just like they look in the picture!! Howie, who didn't want one when I served them, ate the whole thing!! Of course, the kids helped both of us!!! They didn't seem to mind either!

After dinner I got to see most of Tiffany's pix from her recent trip to NYC...that was fun!! I've been there (age 19) but we didn't do the touristy thing at all! Hit up the Hard Rock Cafe and then headed for home. Its not my kind of town! I loathe that many people!

Once Tiffany left, we corralled the kids into their beds...Howie into his bed...and I finally got to relax! In fact, I'm off to do more of the same!! With a little knitting methinks...

Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!