Saturday, February 6, 2010

It finally happened!

I bumped into someone I know at the grocery store!!! All the mom group stuff and whatnot, and I finally bump into our new hair dresser!!!! Of course, I looked my most wonderful (note the sarcasm) with my hair in a messy bun and not a speck of make up on...oy! At least we have a tentative time for a play date for our girls....that will be fun!

Today was busy!! It wasn't til after 11 that I decided to finish up the grocery shopping...so I took Sam with me as DJ was busy outside playing...and Howie wanted to wash the vehicles! And work on yard work....in February!!! Unbelievable!!! The last couple days have been in the upper 50's!! Absolutely gorgeous! There are flowers and trees thinking its time to bloom!!

We didn't get home til well after 1:30, and thankfully I'd had the foresight to call ahead and have Howie make Samantha a lunch...should have had him make me something as I was a growly bear by the time we got home! And of course, I MUST put the groceries away before I eat....that and while Sam was otherwise occupied and not able to help me!

DJ got grounded again...this time for peeing his pants....but I think I'm the one who ended up with the punishment....that meant he was whiny and stuck inside with me...not fun!

Once Sam got up from her nap we got ready for date nite...a.k.a Hot Food Night! Tonite it was my turn to pick the restaurant...and boy, I did GOOD!!!!! Last week on our way to the library, I missed the normal road I turn on and had to go down to the other end (the library is on a loop road) and because of this I discovered a BBQ place I'd never seen before. Right then and there I knew that's where I'd want our date nite to happen!

This afternoon I searched for the restaurant to get a grip on the menu pricing and items...and my mouth started watering! It's also a BBQ school...so it MUST be good! We arrived and there were a few cars in the lot...but knowing that it closed at 7 pm we didn't have much time! We ordered the meat sampler (pulled pork, beef brisket and ribs) and then an extra 1/2 lb of ribs, some baked beans, and a cucumber salad. Today's beer special was 5.00 for a pitcher! NOT bad!!!!

I tell you what...it was phenomenal!!!! The meat is all smoked to perfection!!!! And the sauces that this place makes are incredible!!! They have a regular, sassy, grizzly and HOT!!! Howie said the hot was #^&#$^ hot!!! Too hot...he switched to grizzly! I LOVED the sassy!!! And we decided we'd like a bottle of the sassy! So, next time I do groceries, I'm putting that on the list!! The baked beans were zippy and GOOD!!! The cucumber salad was alright...I make one that's better...just saying....

Over all, we'd definitely eat there again!! And do their take out!!! Howie wants that for his birthday dinner! I'd almost rather have that than teriyaki!!! (Sure hope my dad didn't faint over that!)

We got home and the kids were having a great time with Michaela....Sam was all sweaty from playing! They each gave her hugs...Sam more than once! and then she walked home. I must say, I really like that arrangement!!!! Watch the babysitter walk home instead of having to drive them home!

Now, everyone's asleep and I rented a movie...Love Happens...I'll let ya know how it goes!


Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!