Sunday, April 25, 2010

Don't mess with me!!

Today started far too early for my liking....6:38 am!! But it was fun! We were all up and dressed before 7 am!! Our plan was to be out of the house by 7:15...yeah, we rocked it! In the truck drivong by 7:08!!

Where were we off too??

A kids fishing derby!!! Here, in Monroe! So of course we went! Only DJ was fishing, Samantha might get to fish next year!

Since this was our first year participating, we learned!! GO EARLY!! The derby started at, no, no...the sign ups start at 8!! And if you're thru, then you're free to fish! The limit is 2 fish, and if you want more (daily limit is 5) then you can get back in line!

The line: 2 hrs long!! I kid you not!! Insane!! If I was running the joint I'd be doing it way more effectively!!

Samantha and I didn't stand in the 2 hour line....we sat off to the side people watching and playing the "how far can I get before mum tells me to stop" game! She found out...not too far really!

There was so much camo...all colours...on men, women and their children!! Young and old! There was even one guy who had 3 different colours of camo...deer season, duck season, and elk, he had all the bases covered!

DJ finally got to fish about 10:15 at which point I got to pee off the chai tea and breakfast shake!! I was dying to go!! DJ wanted to fish by bobber, so they tried that...but there were SO many people it wasn't working out! So Howie took the bobber off and within 10 mins he caught both fish! YES!!! After catching them, we went to weigh them and total weight was 1 lb 8 oz....not a whole lot!! The fish he caught yesterday were much bigger! And none of these today were winning fish! Some of them are tagged and you win stuff...not us!

I will say...watching a fish gasp for air is sad! Yes, I know its a fish, but it was still sad!! Samantha dodnt like it ine bit either! Everytime it flopped around looking for water, she'd scream and back further away from it....made me laugh! Sure got her in my arms quick!

Once we came home we all did an 11:30 lunch! And then I left for my deliveries! Lots of them!! I left about 12:30 and got home at 6:15!!

Now, part of my time....almost an hour all told, was spent at Walmart (where else!?!?) trying to return a ceiling fan we boutght back in either Oct or Nov. I went to the one I bought it at and they point blank refused to refund it or exchnage it without a I bought it more than 90 days ago...AND they no longer carry it!

I was so pissed off I just left!! And drove across town to the other Walmart (where else?!?!) and stood in their return line for a half hour waiting for my turn! Got up to the counter and fudged the date problem! She needed my I.D. and off we went! As soon as I got the gift card I immediately went to the ceiling fan aisle and got a new one!

Don't mess with me Walmart!!!

I'm so incredibly exhausted, but Desperate Housewives is on now...

Til next time...pray for safety for all troops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!