Tuesday, January 26, 2010

You know you live in the country when

Everyone goes running outside to see where the fire truck is going!!!!

We had one this afternoon....I swear we could hear the sirens all the way from the main highway! Snickers was just going nuts too!! Howling...or at least wanting to...I was holding her yap shut so as to not wake Samantha up!

In Lynnwood....if a day went by without sirens it was a good day!! On the weekends we'd hear as many as 3 or 4 a day! Here...not so much! In fact, this is only the 2nd time in 3 months that I've heard sirens. The first time they went up the road somewhere....

This time, they went up my street to the very end of the cul de sac....but we have no idea why! Shortly after the fire truck was an ambulance with sirens...I was outside being nosey (like most of my other neighbours...I saw more neighbours today, that I have in 3 months!) when the ambulance came....so I KNOW Snickers was in here howling her heart out!

My next door neighbour kids went up the street to find out what was going on, but came back gossipless.....and it was a good 20 minutes, if not more, before the vehicles left...thankfully without sirens!

DJ was outside playing with Kristopher when all this went down....and I ended up standing outside for a good hour just chatting with Lara....found out she's a teeny tiny bit older than me...and here I was thinking she was a good 5 years younger than me!!! :D

Once we were both good and frozen we ended our chat and shooed our respective children inside! Sam was awake and ready to play! Not long after that Howie came home and so began our nightly rituals! Dinner...bath...bed! Easy when the child who fights it the most is so worn out he can barely stay awake long enough for books! Love it!

Now I'm off to watch Biggest Loser....chose to DVR it so I could watch American Idol with Howie, who left me half way thru...seriously....do these people who "audition" not have friends!??!!? The gall of some of these people is beyond me!! A couple of the guys actually gave me goose bumps, but other than that, all I do is shake my head! OY!


Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!