Saturday, January 2, 2010

Undecorating is far less

Fun than decorating!! And it seems that it takes longer too! Why is that?!?!

In any case, apart from the roof, our house is fully unChristmased!! Yeah, I know that's not a REAL word....but its MY word!


I now have MY spot back in the living room...and that room seems so large to me now! lol I kept the lighted garland up under the tree, since we ARE in the Evergreen state and all, but I did take its decorations off. I figure I'll wait til Spring and get something ivy-ish, or something floral to put up there. That way I'll have three to play with during the year. I like that!


Other than that, today was a wash! I tried to go to the mail box place to mail off some Avon stuff, and it was closed...or rather, I was too late! I did return the movie tho, and decided to get Teriyaki for dinner...its been AGES since we've had it! Typically we find ourselves wanting it on Sundays, and they're closed then. Plus, since we've moved, we haven't tried any local places...it was alright! I could taste orange in their sauce....and garlic...just not what we're used to....but good nonetheless! I'll have to ask our neighbours which one they prefer...if the even like Teriyaki!


I did get some laundry done...and HUGE vacuuming....man, that was A LOT of needles!!! I wasn't exactly gentle taking the lights off...so I made an even bigger mess that I should have I guess. I also reorganized the bins that store our Christmas stuff now that we have breakable ornaments! Then the reorganizing bug hit me and I started working on the pantry...I have visions of how I want it to look...just gotta get it there! Those Avon boxes sure come in handy!!! They're perfect!!


I never did post a picture of our yearly ornament did I? My bad! I picked it up in Maui when we were there....it's a tropical fish that has springy fins....and the gal I bought it from put Maui 2009 on one side, and The Hughes Ohana on the other. I just love it!!! Its quite ugly, but lovable!!! lol

















Once we got the kids in bed, we picked a movie to watch! Our first choice was the Harry Potter movie, but it's a 2 and half hour long movie...and it was already after 9! I personally wanted to watch Julie & Julia, but knew Howie wouldn't want to...so I picked one for him. Dumb dumb dumb!!!! One of the American Pie movies...and I have serious issue with it being set in a high school...and all about sex....especially when I'm trying to teach the opposite to my stepson!!! Movies like this shouldn't be made!! Waste of money!!!


In other Jake news...he's officially a licensed driver!!! Don't say I didn't warn you!! lol I'm proud he got it first shot!!! Mr Bigshot didn't think he needed to practice parallel parking like I warned him to...yeah, he lost points on that one!! You see, the DOL here has these 4 yellow posts you have to parallel park between...very daunting!!! When I had to take the test 5 1/2 years ago, I practiced every single chance I got!! I still don't park like that as I hate it! I'd rather walk further from a normal spot than parallel park closer!!! So, yeah, HUGE milestone for him!! Scary for us!!! His risk factor just went up exponentially! Think about it! Man!


OK, I must get to bed...I was falling asleep watching TV earlier and knew I hadn't blogged yet, so here I am! just for you! lol

Oh, that contest I mentioned here....still open! I think I'll keep it open for a week...and I'll take all the comments from here and on FB blog posts as entries! I feel so important now! hahaha In any case...all you have to do is comment!!! Anything! Just do it! lol


Til next time...ciao!

2 comments:

  1. American Pie - THAT is a (Howies words) goddamn funny movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good for you for de-Christmatising your house{not a word either, I guess, but it works.} I have a huge pile of decorations and such in a pile in the corner of my living room and it is driving me crazy! I just haven't found the time to get over there and get it cleaned up.

    Thanks so much for coming by my blog today! I love meeting new people and making new friends. Awesome. I can't wait to get to know you better. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!