Monday, January 18, 2010

Oh what a beautiful morning

Oh what a beautiful day!!!!

The sun was just GORGEOUS this morning!!!!! DJ got up shortly after 8 and came into my bed (yes!) and asked if it was time to get up for the day!!! I laugh when he asks me that every morning! "is it time to get up for the day Mum?" sometimes...its not!! Like at 2:20 when he woke me up after already waking me once before that!

I heard Sam chattering away, so yeah, it was time to get up!

The sun pouring in our front windows makes me anxious for spring and summer!!!! With getting morning sun, the afternoons might be bearable here with no a/c! And then I smack myself to reality and realize I'm in the foothills (but higher up) of the mountains! What on earth will I need a/c for!??!!? hahaha AND I'm in Washington state no less! The great Pacific Northwest!! Where it rains (literally) for 9 months of the year!!!!

Not this week baby!!!! No, no, no! They're forecasting sun (with some rain) all week!!!!! Highs of 50's!!!! YES!!!!!! A good dose of vitamin D before we head into the winter doldrums, commonly known as February! Probably my most disliked month! Even tho my half birthday is in Feb, its still just no fun! Maybe that's why they put Valentines in Feb....so women would have something to look forward to...but if you're single, that theory goes right out the window!!

Hopefully all this sunshine means the ground will absorb and fertilize all the dog crap that Snickers has been rolling in AGAIN!!!!! I've officially lost count of how many times she's done this...seems like every other day! Tiffany, I can't thank you enough for that Lavender doggy talc! You might want to buy stock in it for when I'm done the bottle you gave us! I tell ya! It does instantly clear up the most pungent stuff...but I still make her sleep in the hall...until DJ lets her in that is!

DJ and I got to go outside for a bit this afternoon...he in search of his "neighvors" who weren't home and me in search of mail that doesn't arrive on U.S. holidays like Martin Luther King day...not having a child in school (that lives with us full time) I miss when these holidays take place! Once DJ's in school, I'll know ALL about them!! I'm sure all the kids were happy to have the day off even tho they've really only been back to school for 2 weeks!! Ok, the teachers enjoy it more!!! :) I have a g/f who's a math teacher and she LOVES her holidays!!! lol

I'm afraid I have some sad news....it seems our daughter has been stricken with the Terrible Twos even tho she's not quite (but on Wednesday) 22 mos old. Her defiance is emerging...along with this obstinacy I haven't seen...and pure anger when things don't go the way she thinks they should!!! She's also learning about time outs! Got one today for shrieking when DJ took something from her she KNEW she wasn't supposed to have, and gave it to me...I asked her to stop with the screaming and she looked at me and said "no!"...yeah, time out for you princess! She didn't like it either...but it did teach her something! When I went in to get her, I picked her up and she hugged me and patted my arms and said "kay" like she agreed to behave better. And she did!! Plus, all I had to do for the rest of the day was ask her if she wanted to go take time out and she'd quit doing whatever she was doing wrong.

I think she listens better than DJ does!! Who also got more than one time out today! Yesterday...he gave himself a time out!! He didn't even wait for us to tell him to go to his room, he just went!! Howie and I laughed when we realized what he'd done! He knew what he did was wrong as soon as he did it, so punished himself....I like it!!

Samantha has also (literally overnite) started putting two words together...like "hi Mummy" or "yes please" just little things, but I noticed it this morning. She's said "love you" for a while now, ok, it's more like "ah you" but she knows what she's saying...and so do we! When I tuck her in at nite, she starts off with "nite nite" followed by "ah you" and then "bye!" Its so cute! When she says "bye!" I know I can leave the room.

Ahhh sometimes its the little things! Remind me of that in 10 years when she won't even talk to me!

Now, I'm off to watch some telly....its The Bachelor tonite....I hate how I get so sucked into these reality shows...but LOVE that its not me!!! I do prefer game ones....Survivor starts back up in Feb....but watching these girls is just like watching a train wreck!! Ya can't take your eyes off it!

I've decided I'm going to frog the newest blanket I'm making for Sam's doll...8's aren't cutting it for me...so I'm gonna try 10.5's and see if that'll help! At the rate I'm going, this thing could take months instead of days....so frog it!!!

Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!