Sunday, January 3, 2010

I love when you have a day

That has NO plans!!!!

Boy, did we get a lot accomplished today!!

Howie got all the lights down now, it was a beautiful sunshiny day for it...and there's rain (TONNES of it) in the forecast...so perfect that they're down now!

I've kept on with the organizing...I did see my kitchen counters this afternoon, but as I look over now, its quite full again! Just gotta load up the dishes and we'll be good to go! It truly amazes me how fast it collects!! Its like we have little clutter leprechauns or something! Oh, wait...that would be our CHILDREN!!!!! lol

We also had company! Friends of ours came out for a visit and to bring us a Christmas present! DJ had fun opening it all up!! Howie and I got matching UW Huskies snuggies!!! I have a blue one that my g/f Jackie gave me, so now we have 3 and there should be no fighting amongst the little ones...and I should get to stay warm...right? The kids got 3 DVDs to watch, and we got 3 jars of goodies to make, and a calendar, which got put up right away!! We were in need!! And the jars of goodies...I just love those kinds of gifts!!!! A jar of brownie mix (with nuts!) and a jar to make Chicken Noodle Soup...and a jar to make Minestrone soup, which I've never made! YUM!!!

Once they left, we took advantage of DJ off playing and Samantha sleeping...no, not THAT way!!!! Silly! Howie worked in the garage organizing...and I worked in the downstairs desk area, organizing! I found all kinds of pictures!!! Mostly professional ones of the kids....and I need a proper album for them. They're 8x10's or 10x13's so they need a special special album!! Big enough one that is! I also found lots of cards that Howie and I have exchanged...and finally had the inspiration to put them in a box that's just for our mementos. So the kids can have physical proof their mom and dad LOVED each other!!! And for cute reminders...like the weekend Howie proposed to me...somehow the arm chair cover ended up in my suitcase and I discovered it when I got home. Or the t-shirt I slept with that was Howie's and sprayed it with his cologne every time I saw him. That kind of stuff.

With all this organization we had a lot of garbage and recycle....in fact, the recycle was just collected yesterday morning, and its already 3/4's full!!! I'm huge on recycling!!!

Dinner was fabulous!!! I did the beer can chicken again...used sparkling apple cider this time! YUM!!! And I now have chicken to make that chicken noodle soup I got the mix of! Delish!!! And I made rice pudding...man, my house smelled fabulous today!!!

Now, its time for bed...my prime time shows are slowly coming back to life now that the holidays are over...but then awards season hits...never ending!

Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!