Sunday, January 10, 2010

You know that saying....

You learn something new every day?

Its true!!!

We used to do this thing with Jake waybackwhen...whenever he was with us for dinner it was always a race to ask "How was your day ______?" as soon as everyone was seated. And then that person would go thru their whole day telling everyone what they did. Questions were saved to the end...so there was no interrupting. And then, the very last question that was to be asked was "And what did you learn today?" And you had to think of one new thing you learned from the day!

I can't wait til DJ and Sam are old enough to start this with!

So, here's my day! (you DID ask me right?)

I got woken up about 7ish by DJ joining me in bed...and then he had to let the cat in as she was scratching at the door! And then we both fell back to sleep til almost 9 am!! He was making up for lost sleep this weekend! lol

We got Sam up and had breakfast....Howie came home from fishing, fishless....Jake finally got up! Made everyone lunch....sent DJ outside to play (oh it was a beautiful day here!!!)....put SamSam down for her nap....and got ready to go.

I went to the library for a class on buying a digital camera....now, as you know, I have a camera...that I quite like! but wanted to learn more about cameras in general! I did learn something today too! I now know what DSLR stands for in the camera world! Digital Single Lens Reflex....I'm still not a hundred percent sure what exactly it means!!!!!!!....but, hey, I'm still learning! I also learned why its called Single Lens....in the "old" days, they had a twin lens camera....he had one...it looked ancient! But very kool nonetheless!

The teacher of the class is very well informed...and a member of the press....so I think he might know what he's talking about! There's two more classes over the next two Sundays...and yup, I'm going to both!!

After the class I headed over to Fred Meyer (BY MYSELF!) and picked up a few essentials (fishing line for Howie) and then to Albertsons for their specials, and to return the movie from last nite...and then headed home!

I have to say....I totally LOVED the greeting I got from the kids!!! Howie gets it every work day, so its kinda nice to be the recipient!! Howie then took Jake the drop off point (they meet half way for transportation) while we had dinner.

Since last nite's dinner was so fabulicious (my own word!) we decided to do it all over again!! In fact, it was on my mind ALL day that I wanted lasagna for dinner again!! Apparently, so did Sam!!! Her first bite...she giggled!! Like most kids would with candy! And a few times during dinner, she'd let out a mmmmmm after getting a bite in her mouth! SOOOO cute! DJ didn't want lasagna, he'd spied the left over spaghetti and decided to have that instead! Hey, I'm all for eating the left overs!!!

Once the kids were in bed I got working on some Avon stuff...my order goes in this week! I'm excited for the new nail polish coming out! I tried it the other day at the meeting and was thoroughly impressed!!! It dries SO quick!! Quick enough to make me want to paint Sam's nails!!! I'll probably hold off til summer and start with the toes! It also didn't peel off hours after applying it!! In fact, I bathed the kids twice...and myself...and did countless dishes before it started lifting! Impressive no? And you know how most polishes STINK to high heaven?!?! This one....doesn't! There must have been 25 women at the meeting and we all painted one nail...it wasn't til it was in front of me that it smelled! And even then, it was faint! AWESOME!!!! I have to say the next part....let me know if you want one!! They start selling in the next campaign!

Now, I'm gonna go watch Brothers & Sisters...I tried watching it on live TV...but kept wanting to fast forward thru the commercials...so I came here and blogged first...now I can go back and skip all the junk! I'm also on the back side of the firs doll blanket for Sam...I can't wait to give it to her!!

Til next time...ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you didnt live so far away!! That nailpolish sounds great. (so does the lasagne,and i love leftovers too lol)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!