Thursday, January 7, 2010

Last Chance

For romance!!!

Today (Friday, when you're more than likely reading this...) is the last chance to enter my contest!


The prize?

A priceless photo of my darling monsters children in a Valentines Card.


What do you have to do?

Comment!! If you haven't already that is! I've been keeping track of the commenter's...so if you've already commented, I got ya!! I am happy that so many are coming out of the woodwork to comment! I love it!!


Most of the comments came from my complaint about a certain misbehaving little boy...a lot could relate...and didn't cheer me up! In fact, the told me it gets worse!!!!! HOW is that possible!??!! Maybe this is why people keep having babies....not me!!!!


Today I had so much I wanted to do...and I accomplished most of it...but the toilets. WHY OH WHY must I clean them!?!?! Why hasn't a self cleaning toilet been invented!!!?!?!?!?! They came up with self cleaning ovens....why not the toilet!??!! The bane of all housekeeping!! If I could hire someone to come in a clean just my toilets every week...I'd pay for that!!!! I just dread it! And on the other sane side of the logic...if I did them once a week it wouldn't be so nasty...HA! Have you seen DJ pee!?!?!? Even tho he sits...he STILL manages to mess it up!!! When can I make that HIS chore?!?!!? Heck, I'd even pay him for that!!!


But as I found out today...he won't work for money! Go figure! The kid who loves to save his money just to put it in his piggy bank...won't work for money! I asked him to take all the toys that had migrated upstairs...back downstairs! Even gave him a box to transport them all at one time instead of one. single. toy. at. a. time! He looked at me and said "You do it Mum!" Yeah, that didn't go over so well!!! Brat!


By this afternoon he was grating my every nerve! So when my neighbour messaged me asking if DJ could come over to play...I almost wept!! And happily got him dressed and sent him on his way! The silence was golden!!! (Kinda like right now as everyone's sleeping...) And I got a lot done with him out of the house and out from under my feet! Thank you Lara!!! And Kristopher!!!!


Howie came home and the silence was gone! Apparently there was some big Bowl football game on and his butt was glued to his chair!! The TV even stayed on during dinner...which is one my rules that it goes off...DJ even said something about that...lol


Before dinner was even ready DJ was having some listening issues...and got sent to his room. When Howie went in to see if he was ready to talk...he said no. So I go in and we talked about the not listening part and I notice he's itching his elbows weirdly...I look and he's got raised bumps! *ugh!* So we go out for him to apologize to Daddy and he wouldn't do it...back to his room he goes.


And he fell asleep!


He was in there for 3 minutes!!!!!


I wake him up...we talk again....he comes out apologizes and sits down to eat dinner. By the end of dinner he's scratching behind his knees....sure enough...more hives!!!! So off we go to the bathroom for an oatmeal Aveeno bath. And calamine lotion. And a Benedryl tablet. He was doing good then...no itching...no scratching...and it took all of 15 seconds once his door was closed (I'm assuming) for him to fall asleep! It was SO nice not to have him bugging at us saying he needs to pee, or give one more hug...or whatever! I will wake him to pee tho before I go to bed! No sense him having a Benedryl induced accident!


Oh, with dinner I made Sweet Potato french fries...I picked up a bag at costco last trip instead of normal fries...WOW were they GOOD!!!!!! So good, that it was the first thing Samantha ate on her plate!!!! DJ too!!! I resisted the urge to eat all mine first...but it was hard!!! I finally remembered half way thru mine to take a pic...YUM!!!!!! Oh they smelled amazing too while they were cooking! Next time I'll sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on them...tonite I just wanted them plain to see how we'd like them. And we DO!!
Now, I'm off to do those darn toilets! Unless of course someone else wants to come over and do them for me.......I could live with that!!!


No?
Darn it!
Til next time...ciao!


3 comments:

  1. yummy fries!!! And it wasnt just a bowl game!! It was the national championship, sheesh. GO Alabama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! It was only the most important College Football game of the year...... ")

    I will try the fries this weekend, did you bake them or fry them.

    ~ Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok ok ok....I'm getting flack all around about it being THE BIGGEST college game of the year...lol My apologies! I did watch the last few mins of it...and heard ALL of it!

    Laura...we just did the oven route...my deep fryer basket broke!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!