Thursday, October 15, 2009

Under Pressure!

I feel like I'm under the gun now! We move in a little over 36 hours!!!!YIKES!!!!!!! Today was productive, but not in a packing way! It was my task to get mini-blinds for our bedroom as the ones in our room were broken pretty badly...and I can NOT sleep unless its dark! With it already being a strange place, I can't add to it with it being light in our room...even tho we'll be in the middle of no where, with no street lights...those stars are freakin bright!!!!!!! And our increased elevation will make them brighter....yeah, I'm talking out my ear right now....but seriously....it HAS to be dark!

OH my husband finally agreed with me that the vacuum we had is TOAST!!! He had it with him at the new house to use before he used the steam cleaner...and he was horrified by what the steam cleaner picked up that the regular vacuum missed! A LOT! I know this....I've told you about this...I told him about this....and now he finally agrees!!!

So, after breakfast I bundled us all up and we went shopping!!! Its quite the chore to get two kids out the door before 10 am! Our first stop as Freddy's...which is quickly becoming my new fave store!! I not only got the mini-blinds cheaper than what I'd seen at Walmart (where else!?!?) but I got a new vacuum!!!!!! A Bissell upright, bagless beauty!! I never thought I'd be so excited for a new vacuum...but dang it...I was!!!!!! I was also able to get a new lock set for the front and back door there cheaper than Walmart (where else!?!?) too! I aslo wished I'd put DJ in the play land room...but hindsight is what it is!

After spending way too much at Freddy's we then went to Walmart (where else!?!?) to get a mailbox...I knew they had cheap ones and I'm all about cheap! That and Fred didn't have any! In my quest to find the mailbox section, I discovered the sale shelf....and on this sale shelf was a 52" ceiling fan for 17.00 (SEVENTEEN!!!) and I called Howie right away!!! It was on our home improvement list...but not a necessity....but for that price....how could we pass that up!?!?! It found a home in my cart quickly!!!

Our last stop was at Big Lots (which I've been to twice...) for a 45 gal garbage can with a lid that was on sale for 16.00....I HATE renting stuff like that! And 16.00 is a pretty darn good price!!! Then we were homeward bound and doing the lunch and nap thing.
While SamSam was sleeping DJ and I went down to Jake's room to crush beer boxes (I was afraid to count) and survey the area and pack up Jake's stuff (and gather his laundry) and bring up more boxes to pack.

I got all my rubber/plastic containers packed...so that cupboard is near empty! I used the box the vacuum came in....which DJ used prior to hide in and pretend he was a jack-in-the-box...better that than what that 6 y/o did....letting a helium balloon go and hiding in a box in the attic...all for publicity's sake! I truly hope they get the bill for all the labour that went into searching for him. Some parents....ugh!

So now, I'm going to put the chitlins to bed and veg in my chair...and knit! I got a lot done last nite watching Glee...I freakin love that show!!! Just love it!!!! Tonite is Grey's and Private Practice! 2 other really good shows...


Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!