Thursday, October 8, 2009

If I've said it once,

I'll say it again!! Vanilla extract is the most amazing homeopathic remedy for bruises!!! DJ seems to think he's indestructible...he's not...so when he hits his head on something...or his chin...he comes to me asking for 'nilla and then shows me where he hit himself. In fact just the other day in the bath, he was doing this spinning, twirling thing and caught the side of his right eye on the tub, so we put 'nilla on it and I noticed today its in the yellow stage....I had to remind myself actually what he did and where the bruise came from. I'm not sure I know HOW it works...I just KNOW it works!!! Thank you to the lady at Once Upon A Child who told me that little trick! It works on adults too...remember when DJ headbutted me...no bruise to show for it!

Today we stayed home....and I got a serious flashback! Tonite I had to do the single mom thing as Howie was at the new house taping it up for painting on Saturday. It wasn't too terrible...and actually went well! What a difference a year makes! They play together well (sometimes) and giggle together (when he's not making her cry that is) and even sing and dance together (if you watched the video I posted of them) so why not have them bathe together!! It's been a while since I let them bathe at the same time...usually I do Sam first and then let DJ in while I'm drying her off...but with no Daddy to keep DJ occupied....well...yeah....

While I was nursing Samantha, I had DJ go up to his room and pick out books and wait for me on his bed....I secretly hoped he'd fall asleep waiting for me...but that was not the case! No...he was on the stairs watching Flash Forward with me! As soon as he heard me stand up, I heard his feet go running to his room! I put SamSam down without fuss, and went to DJ who was rocking wildly on the rocking chair like he'd been sitting there the whole time...HA! Got him in bed after 3 books, a song and our prayers and thought I'd try the no gate approach....what was I thinking!?!!!? He came out of his room to tell me he needed the gate up...oh my!

Howie got home just before 10 and DJ must have heard the car doors closing as he woke up when Howie got in the door. It was really sweet too....DJ's very VERY loving when he's half asleep! So he went pee, and then hugged me and Daddy carried him back to bed. And went to bed himself! lol

Last nite wasn't that great sleep wise...DJ woke up at 1:23, went pee....again at 3 I found him in my bed and took him pee....and then at 5 something he came to bed once Howie was gone. Is duct tape allowed? Seriously! There has to be a way to keep him in is OWN bed! At this rate...Samantha is never getting out of the crib stage!!! She can sleep in there til she's 10! You think I'm kidding?!?!?! HA!

Tried to get some more packing done today...and found some winegums!!! There IS a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!!! and it has winegums in it!!! Old ones to boot! Which are better as they last longer and take longer to eat!!!! I put a roll (I found 4) in my pocket to warm up a bit and it worked like a charm! YUM!

Now I'm finishing up watching Survivor (miss you too Fiona!) on DVR and then heading to bed!

Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!