Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Night Lights

Are really bright!!! And not really warm...they should make warming lights for the stands like they do in ice arenas....wouldn't that be nice!??!! I froze my youknowhwat tonite at Jake's game! My toes are just now thawing out...and I've been home for almost a half hour. But what a game!!! I got there about half way into the 2nd quarter, and we were down by 7....shortly after I got there, the other team scored...we were down by 14...yuck! It was still 14-7 going into half time....whatever the coaches said in the locker room during half time WORKED!!! The boys came out rejuvenated and tied the score up before the 3rd quarter was over. Then they scored again and had a 7 pt lead all the way til 5 minutes left in the game....and the other team scored...GAH!!! Tied!!! We got the ball, lost the ball, they got the ball, and lost the ball...so end result was a tie...took a 3 minute break, and went into overtime! Apparently its whoever can score first gets the win...they got the ball first and we intercepted it...and while we were on offence we scored the winning touchdown!!!!!!!!!! It was nerve racking!! My voice is a little on the hoarse side!! Jake played all of one play...in the kick team....and that was it. As in a play, Jake's understudy stole his role....and had a couple good games while Jake was injured...so its almost like Jake needs to prove himself again.


Other than that, my Friday was full of water!!! And thankfully none from the sky! I did dishes, bathed the kids and did 3 loads of laundry!

We also had a visit from my g/f Jennifer and her two boys, aged 4 and 2....she came to pick up her pottery that she painted two weeks ago, and to loan us a Halloween costume for DJ. Can you guess what it might be?!?!?! Go ahead...I'll give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count! He's super excited to be dressing up as Light McQueen!!!!!!! Its this foam thing that is shaped like a car and DJ will wear it over his shoulders like overalls. Perfect!!! He can dress warm and still be his favourite thing ever!!! He wore it quite a bit and then put it away so Sam wouldn't get it! I thought he was going to ask to sleep with it on! lol So now, we're all set costume wise!! And this year is the cheapest yet! 9.00!!! not bad, not bad!


Now, I must get something to eat, and then get to bed...we're gonna start moving stuff into the new house tomorrow...we got the key code tonite, so we'll to play tomorrow! Well, the kids will play, we'll be doing some work!


Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I FINALLY finished that book! Keeping Faith by Jodi Piccoult....what a tough read!!! All the way thru! Not sure I want to read any more of her books, but the sister one she has that went into a major movie....I might just get it from the library instead of buying it...wish I'd started with that one first! But at least, I finished it! Strange book!


Til next time...ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!