Saturday, October 3, 2009

ENOUGH with the pee already!!!

I actually uttered the words "if one more child pees on me today, I'm selling them both!!"

To which Howie replies "you won't get much, they leak!!!!"



NOT funny!! Yet, we both had a good laugh at that!!!

DJ woke up at 6:20 to pee, and would NOT settle back down to sleep! But Howie woke up enough that he went out with DJ 20 mins later, and I got to lay in bed! Til he woke me up at 7:55 saying "I need your help, Samantha is SOAKED!!!"

lovely!



So the very first thing I did this morning after getting dressed...wasn't even go pee! It was bathe SamSam!! My poor back!

Once she was done, I got them breakfast and Howie left to go to work to pick up the big truck to borrow to take our first load to the new house. So while he was gone, I got more boxes packed in Sam's room which I usually can't get in to do when I have the time as she's sleeping!



He got home about 10:30, ate and then got to work...my job was to keep the kids from getting under foot...which meant being outside with them while they romped in the truck getting under MY feet!



Oh and during all this...DJ has missed the toilet TWICE!!!!!!!!! WHILE SITTING ON IT!!! Ugh! So he was on his third pair of pants when Howie took him to the new house in the big truck...you should have seen how excited he was! Sam went down for her nap and I enjoyed the quiet!!! And had a g/f drop by to pick up her pottery!!!



Once Sam woke up we hit the road after changing her diaper as I didn't know when we'd be back. I pulled up the driveway to a greeting committee!!! DJ had made friends with the neighbours two boys we'd seen when we did the walk thru....and they were fast friends! An empty house is a child's playground!!!!!!!! The parent soon followed and we met the whole family! 3 boys and girl...11 (girl), 9, 3 and 19 mos...so our kids match up perfectly!!!! Size wise even too!
While Howie and I did a complete walk thru with different eyes (the ones that see what needs to be done) the kids all played. And while Howie was unloading the truck, I took a walk with the kids and the neighbours! Got a bit of the lay of the land, learned some things about other neighbours, and got shortcuts to get to Monroe, which I hope to remember...I didn't have my notebook with me! lol



In short, it was an enjoyable day! That is until DJ peed his pants...TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unreal!!! This was after me asking him if he needed to pee and reassuring him that his friends would still be there to play...after the first time we borrowed a pair of pants from next door...and when he peed the second time, we left him that way for the ride home.



We didn't get home til almost 8pm! Oh what a late dinner!! I grabbed McD's for the kids and while they ate Howie grilled burgers and I made us each a salad. The boys beat us home...and when I grabbed Sam out of her car seat...guess what!? SHE WAS WET!!!!!! *shakes head*
This is when I uttered the phrase "if one more kid pees on me..."

Makes sense now?



Til next time...ciao!

p.s....I did take the camera, but only took this one picture on our walk....

How beautiful is that?!?!?! We're in the foothills of the Cascade mountains...550 some-odd feet about sea level! In fact, at 6 pm I saw my breath while talking!!! brrr!

2 comments:

  1. looks amazing, Missy. Hope to see more pics soon. I am still sick so not online much but always come here to read my Hughes Daily News. Thanks for the laughs, I needed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took some real pix today...hoping to upload them tomorrow...hopefully!
    Sorry to hear you're sick! Get well soon please!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!