Sunday, October 11, 2009

I get around

But not the way you're thinking! HA! I'm a married woman!!! lol But man did I get around town today!!!! We got up this morning (DJ and I) shortly after 8...Howie was long gone to the new house to continue painting. I was all set to give the kids a bath after breakfast, but DJ said "let's wait til later Mum"...so we did! Instead I got my Avon orders ready to be delivered and got us in the truck and off we went. Our first stop was in Brier (I try to go the furthest first) and then over to my SIL's house, where she had a potentially sick child (she called me on my way) so that made a short stop...then to drop off a catalogue to another g/f....then drop of some of DJ's old clothes for a friend's grandson....then pick up Jake at his friend's house....then home finally!!

Once lunch was done and Sam was asleep, DJ and I took off for errands. I still needed to get BIL a birthday gift and a new card....the one I got will wait til next year since this year was his 40th! Needed to commemorate such an occasion! While at Walmart (where else!?!?) we wandered over to the kids section knowing their Summer stuff should be on sale....and I SCORED!!!! I got 5 tank tops for DJ for next summer for 3.00 and two pair of shorts for 4.00!! How awesome is that!??!!? I also found his winter coat for DJ!! I'm so happy for this! I've been looking for a couple weeks now....and saw one at Freddy's but hesitated because I wanted to check Walmart (where else?!?!) first...and knowing how Walmart (where else!?!?) operates....I got it today! If I didn't, it would be gone after hte first snow fall...and then it's too late! The one I got him is a double jacket...so the inner fleece jacket zips into the outer shell jacket that's hooded. It looks really good and warm on him. Oh did he fight me in the store trying on jackets too!! He was throwing himself on the floor screaming "No, mummy!!!" at which point I just walk away and pretend he's not my kid...he HATES that! lol

After Walmart (where else!?!?) we hit up Albertsons to get some cookies...now if you remember, when it was SIL's birthday last month we made cupcakes...but today did not allow time for such wonderful treats...so we bought some cookies instead. SIL told me that he'd be at softball practice at Jake's old elementary school at 4, so that was our plan. We got the cookies, came home, unloaded, peed, changed Samantha, got our coats on, and back in the truck we went. (are you tired yet?!)

Before we went to the practice we dropped off one more Avon order to a gal that lives right behind the school....and picked up a box of clothes for Samantha to grow into! SWEET!!! There was even a pair of snow pants for DJ! How perfect is that?!?!? AND an 18 mos snow suit for Sam! so we're all set save for the boots...which I couldn't find at Walmart (where else!?!?) so maybe they're not out yet.

After gifting BIL his goodies, we let the kids play at the playground at the school which was AWESOME!!!! DJ even said "that's the best playground EVER!" Both of them had a blast! I think Jake may have even enjoyed himself playing with them! lol

Then we came home and for whatever reason, Samantha was having melt down after melt down!!! I'm seriously more deaf now, than I was when I woke up this morning thanks to her shrieking!!!! She also got to learn what a timeout is all about. I'd put her in her room and close the door...she does NOT like that! After a whole minute of her shrieking in despair I go in and talk to her and she's very apologetic...so much so in fact that when I pick her up to love on her, she starts patting MY back! So sweet! But its highly effective in calming her down! Whew!

Jake went home and I got down to making dinner! I was hoping Howie would be home to BBQ pork chops, but it looked like I'd be on my own...and y'know, I did pretty darn good! I'm earning my stripes as a griller! As we were eating, Howie came in the door and joined us. I was all set to bathe the kids after dinner, but they were just so happy to see Howie (it had been since Friday morning for them) that we decided to forgo the bath and just enjoy playing.

Bed time was a smooth affair and everyone's sleeping away....I've enjoyed sitting in my chair watching Sunday nite TV...and no, NOT football!!! Oh, I didn't get to watch that movie after all last nite, there were technical difficulties with Comcast....so bummed! Maybe I'll try the first weekend we're in the new house...cable won't be set up til next Sunday morning at the new house.

Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!