Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick Or Treat

Smell my feet!
Give me something good to eat!

DJ had FUN knocking on doors tonite and reciting his mouthful! We finally told him to shorten it to just Trick or Treat. And after each house he'd say "just one more house to knock on Mum, just one more!" In the end we did about 10 houses and his bag was getting heavy!! Chocolate weighs a lot yanno!

This morning had DJ awake just after 6 (tomorrow is gonna be killer with the time change) and Howie got up with him and they watched tv together (Howie loves this, he used to do it with Jake til he was 11 or so) and waited for me and Samantha to wake up. I got up at 8 and got ready as we had plans! SamSam woke up shortly after me and we got breakfast under way. We were in a hurry to go watch my g/f Jackie run a 5k in Monroe in support of the local Y. Her race started at 9 and I really wanted to be there at the finish line cheering her on! We got there in the nick of time too!!! So I got the cross-the-finish-line shot!

At 10am they had the kiddy dash and she and DJ did that one. 75 yds and he did great!! Not fast, but not last! He really had no clue what he was doing but he enjoyed himself! He got a blue ribbon and a stuffed fish and a super small pumpkin as his prize...he thought that was kool! Jackie came back to the house for a tour and to hang out for a bit.

We did lunch and then gathered up all our stuff and off we went. Both kids fell asleep on the way to Lynnwood, which was more than fine with us! We delivered Avon and picked up our Hughes sign we forgot at the old house, and then went and watched the twins play volleyball. By this time DJ and Samantha were more than ready to get OUT of their car seats! They had fun in the game room while we spectated.

Our original plan was to visit with Howie's sister and trick or treat her neighbourhood, but they had decided to go out to dinner and a movie since the twins were spending the nite elsewhere. So we scratched that plan and went to DQ for dinner and went to Jake's girlfriend's house as a starting point. Got them dressed and ready to go!

Now we're on our way home, SamSam's playing with the flashlight and DJ is checking out his loot piece by piece. He keeps asking for me to open them too, but that ain't happening! I'll be going thru his stuff first! Not that I'll be eating any....yeah right!

Howie just had the audacity to ask me to not give DJ any candy til he goes back to work in a week...HA!! Like a 3 y/o would understand THAT logic!

Well, Samantha's now asleep and DJ is telling me he NEEDS the pixie stick he's holding....Howie's kid! We're almost home and there's pj's to be put on and teeth to be brushed...and then I'll post some pix when I get a chance to sit!

Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!