Friday, October 16, 2009

Lord help me

Not to kill anyone in the next 48 hours!! Keep my children safe....let my husband know I really DO love him dearly!! Let my friends know I'm not ignoring them on purpose but that I want them to read my mind as to where each box goes or should be. Keep one hand on my shoulder and one hand over my mouth!



Amen!





Yeah, I'm starting to feel the stress of this move. When I said I had the kitchen practically packed...I lied. Not only to you, but apparently to myself! HA!!!! I was able to pack up another 10 boxes easily!!!! And there's still my pots and pans and glass bakeware to pack yet! Not to mention the contents of the fridge ...and the dishes...and...and...and....its never ending!!!!

In fact, the kitchen is THE worst room in the house TO pack! Second would be the bathroom. Then the bedrooms. With the living room taking last place! Granted the moving of these rooms puts them in the reverse order! All the big stuff is in the living room and then the beds and dressers would be next.





I did have a really nice break to my day!!! My g/f Wyndi and her daughter Izzy stopped by for a visit! It was nice to just sit and chat. I even made Izzy two bows!! One to match her stuffed animal (and Halloween costume) of the Count, and one special request of pink and black. She was pleased!


Once the door was shut, I gave the kids a snack and got back to the packing grind!! Next was the bathroom...and the linen closet...and then the rest of the clothes in our bedrooms...which I'm tempted to just leave in laundry baskets....seriously! Am I gonna take empty laundry baskets?? I think not!



I bathed the kids this morning, so that's one thing I don't have to do again til Sunday...and now all their stuff is packed. I tried getting the last of the laundry all done but that's just asking too much right now! If I had help....that'd be another thing! Thankfully we all have more than one set of sheets for our beds, so we'll have fresh linens in the new place regardless.



Tonite was also the Homecoming game for Jake's school...so we went to that while the kids slept on Shirah's watch. I honestly don't know what I'd do without her!!!! She's been an absolute Godsend! The kids love her! And she thinks my kids are angels!!!! I can't ask for anyone better! WHAT A GAME!!!! OH wow was it intense! We ended the last quarter with a tie...and in the overtime, Mt Vernon got the first set of downs and scored a touchdown...but not the field goal. Then it was our turn and the energy in the stands was buoyant!!! Get some yardage!!! Lose some yardage!!!! And then we scored a touchdown! Tying the score up again....but we made out field goal and stole the game! WOOOOOOOOT!!!!!! I'm telling you!! WOW!
Jake got to play alot tonite too!!! It would seem he's back in full form and doing well! If you don't count the block in the back that cost them a 10 yd penalty....in the last minute of the game....yeah, it was INTENSE!!!!
After the game we waited to chat with him for a bit, and he said he almost pooped his pants when the coach came and yelled at him...I almost peed mine just listening to him! That was funny!!! So, if you're keeping score (Tiffany!) they're still undefeated!!! 6-0 for the Mavericks!
Tonite was more than likely my last game to attend, sadly! Monroe is just too far away for Shirah to come to us, or anyone else for that matter....and I don't see my kids settling down anywhere else while we're at a game. We'll see what the playoffs hold...but that's a ways away yet.

On my way home from the game I stopped to get cat food...and stupid beer for Howie, and then drove Shirah to a major bus stop instead of her having to transfer, makes it easier on her. Its now 12:30 and I must get to bed as tomorrow promises to be LONG!!

Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!