Wednesday, December 23, 2009

You know that chicken

With its head cut off?? The one still running around??

That was me today!! Man, alive!!!!



I took back a shower head that I didn't like (Howie could have cared less...) and then some pads I bought that I didn't like (same brand, different pad altogether...hate that!) and then got some kitty litter, and then fixings to make a Caesar salad for tomorrow's Christmas dinner....a movie for tonite....then back into Albertsons for icing sugar...then home to make Buckeyes and dinner and take a shower, and put the kids to bed and knit and and and....run around like that proverbial chicken with its head cut off!

OY!!

And I'm not sure why, but I'm constantly battling these feelings that I'm not doing "enough" for my kids for Christmas....but then have to put myself in check and realize its not about how much I spent on them, but that we're showing our love with what we did buy! And realizing a budget and sticking to it! I've never had these kinds of feelings before. Jake is a very spoiled boy!!! And I don't want my kids to grow up that spoiled...but at the same time I want them to know they're loved! It feels like a fine line! Then I also remember that Grandpa H and Aunt G and Uncle G are going to spoil my kids rotten with toys!!! *head shake!*

Oh, and the Buckeyes...are freakin FABULOUS!!!!!!!! If you like Reese's peanut butter cups...you'll LOVE these!!! And they were super easy to make! I only wish I hadn't ruined them (much to Howie's delight) with the chocolate I used...it didn't set up properly and it's quite gummy...not at all conducive to giving away as a gift...I hate that! And if it wasn't so late, I'd be calling my neighbour to ask her if she has 3 cups of oatmeal and I'd make Manure Balls as the last thing on the goody plates....but it IS too late to call over there....and I'm toying with the idea of running to the store in the morning to get some oatmeal to make them before we head out for the day's activities. Please, remind me to take the camera!! I've forgotten to take it for the last 3 or 4 photo opportunities and it makes me crazy that I do that! Ohhh I should make sure the video camera is charged too!!!! good thinking!

The movie? Oh, I got Star Trek for Howie as he'd expressed interest in it! I wasn't that gung ho for it...but must say, I did enjoy it!!! And was pleasantly surprised with all that I remembered as a child watching the show on a Saturday afternoon! Chris Pine portrays a strong Captain Kirk!!! And a much better looking one too!!! Over all...it was really good!! I also got a lot of knitting done! lol

Tonite, I'm hoping to be IN bed by 12:30!! The past couple nites have been too late for me!! And poor DJ has a chest cold...his fever and pukies are gone...and he sounds like a seal when he coughs...today has been MUCH better for him than last nite! The meds keep the coughing at bay and if he doens't talk for 5 minutes (unheard of!) then it gets raspier. But he's not complaining about anything hurting...or sneezing...or nose running...and his throat looks good, no white stuff....his glands aren't swollen...just a cold I guess! He sure is hating not being able to go out and play! So am I!

Til next time...live long and prosper! ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!