Sunday, November 8, 2009

Special Brownies

Are made with raspberry flavouring...NOT what you're thinkin of!!! And my special brownies were devoured at the Dove Chocolate Discoveries party I had this afternoon! What a turn out too!!!! This morning when I got up, I was starting to panic a bit about the number of people coming...estimated to have been 27 ladies coming (not including kids!!!) and in the end I had 18 adults and 7 kids...not including the 5 of us who live here!!! I'd say that's a pretty darn good turn out!! Thankfully I have my dad's genes in the area of entertaining...always have MORE food than you think you'll need! I think we had 2 peanut butter cookies, 3 oatmeal raisin cookies, 1 banana muffin and 6 brownies (I'd put them aside) left! All of the fruit got, the pretzels and marshmallows got eaten. Made the clean up a snap!!! Which was good considering I still had to make dinner for our family.

Speaking of clean up...I've decided I don't like the tile pattern on the kitchen floor!!! Not one bit! At first, I was using the scrubby part of my mop on this one stubborn part of the tile...turns out THAT'S the pattern of it!!! Which in a way can be good...as it'll hide the dirt my kids drag in (not to mention the dog!) but the downside is that it'll hide the dirt my kids drag in (not to mention the dog!!) I'm thinking of asking santa for steam mop...I really dislike my mop! I know my mom has one and is impressed, and my g/f Tiffany has one that she loves....think those elves know how to make one?? I've been REALLY good this year!! He can read my blog to prove it! :P

DJ and Samantha had a blast with the other kids!!! 5 of which were willing to play with them...one of the non-contenders is only 4 mos old, and the other was 16 mos old...they sure had fun chasing each other around! The play room is a hit! Howie and Jake hung out with them downstairs and watched the football game. Win win in my eyes! And both my kids were played out!! They went to sleep relatively easy! Other than last nite when I put DJ to bed because Howie was at the game, I haven't gotten to tuck DJ in...he's usually asleep when I go in there after putting Sam down. I like it!!!

Tomorrow reality comes crashing in as Howie goes back to work...our staycation is over! I sure did love having him around...and not just because he let me sleep in 7 of his 9 mornings either! We have a lot of fun together and it was nice to be together to have fun!

Tomorrow is also a Pray for Stellan day! He's in Boston again having an ablation on his heart to hopefully make him better...he's had a rather downward month last month, and tomorrow he'll be having surgery. So if you could, please send up a prayer on his behalf for his doctors, nurses and parents!!! I simply can't even begin to imagine! Thanks!

Til next time...ciao!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for inviting me I had a great time! i love the drive out too! your house is sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!