Monday, November 16, 2009

The best Monday EVER!!

Today went sooooooooooo smoothly!! The solution...adding another kid...or two! No, I'm not pregnant...or getting another kid!!! I simply invited our neighbour's son(s) to come play in our rec (more like wreck) room with DJ on this down pouring Monday! And it all started with excellent sleep!!! Those new curtains are the BOMB!!!!!!! Howie doesn't care for them (I'm giggling typing this) cuz he can't see (go ahead...laugh with me) when he's getting ready for work in the morning. *give me a moment while I collect myself!*

OK...I'm good now.....I think....in any case, DJ joined me just before 7:30 and crawled his cold toes into bed to warm up...and promptly fell back asleep (Thank you curtains!!!) and I woke up again it was 8:45!!! I got up quietly and checked on Sam who was still sleeping and came out to the living room. DJ woke up just before 9 and in a great mood!!!! Sam very shortly after that. Perfect start to ANY day if you ask me!!!!

So, I chatted up my neighbour and told her her boys were more than welcome to come over and play....so just before 11, Kristopher, who's also 3, came knocking! The giggles that ensued from downstairs was delightful!!! Even Samantha got to join in on the fun! DJ came up right at 12 o'clock (I swear he's like the croc who ate the clock in Peter Pan!) and said he was hungry! I called Lara to see if it was okay for Kristopher to eat with us and continue playing....no problem!! Just as we were getting done lunch, his brother came knocking! He's 9 so things got even louder!!! LOL

I put SamSam down for her nap...bless her heart she slept thru it all!!....and continued with the mountain of laundry...speaking of which, the last of 5 (FIVE!!!) loads is in the dryer waiting to be folded....such a lovely task!!

David took off around 3:30 or so, and I went downstairs to "help" the boys clean up all the toys (which were literally EVERYWHERE!) and make it neat again down there. Sam got up, Howie got home, Kristopher went home, dinner got cooked, lunch for Howie got made, kids got put to bed, and relaxing was had by both my husband and I in our lazy chairs watching comedy TV! What more could a gal ask for?!?!?! Seriously?!?!! Well, aside from money...which always seems to be short....nothing!!

I've submitted my Avon order for this campaign....and now I'm gonna go do more of that relaxing stuff...this stool is NOT kind to the behind!!!!!


Til next time...ciao!

P.S...I keep forgetting to tell about THE most adorable thing Samantha does now....she puts her dolly to bed right after supper...tucks dolly in the wooden cradle my mom got her for her birthday, rocks her a bit, puts a blanket over her (face too) and kisses her, and pats her on the tummy saying "nigh nigh" SOOO freakin cute!!!!! That's how easy she goes down most nites...only she sleeps on her tummy so I'm patting her back!

2 comments:

  1. that's so cute! Clayt has a "dolly" now that he likes to hug and hold. and while we were away, bearbear HAD to have "jammas" - so now he sports an orange aruba doll tshirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that "dolly" in your photos...and Clayt looks SO cute hugging on it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!