Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am thankful for

A husband who gets up with our child when he wakes up just before 7 am!

I'm thankful for sleeping til after 9 am this morning! SO nice!!!!

I'm thankful that my husband just dove right into the list of chores we had and did most of them without my help!! How awesome is that!??!! I did sit with the kids while he vacuumed so they'd stay out of his way...

I'm thankful that lunch was easy and both kids ate great!!

I'm thankful that my neighbour loaned us her roasting pan!! At the eleventh hour we discover we don't have a roasting pan big enough to handle a 23.63 lb turkey!!!! (which I'm thankful my father-in-law gave us) What an ordeal that was! Howie took off for Fred Meyer in search of a roasting pan...only to discover they had NONE!!!!! Not even the disposable ones!! So I called over to my wonderful neighbour and she was just sitting down to their turkey and I was able to borrow it. Made my life MUCH easier!!!! I'll be buying one from Pampered Chef when the time comes, as that's what I borrowed and it was a SNAP to clean up! I was amazed how easy it was!

I'm thankful DJ took and unasked for nap this afternoon in Howie's chair...gave me peace while I had a shower!!

I'm thankful that Howie made this TERRIFIC turkey in the BBQ....I've never had BBQ turkey before...and I'll never again have it roasted! It was DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely wonderful!!!!

I'm thankful that everything came together on the table at the same time...always a miracle for any woman to co-ordinate!

I'm especially thankful for my Father-in-law's girlfriend, Ellen, and all her help in the kitchen afterwards with clean up! I can actually see my counter tops again!

I'm thankful that both kids fell asleep instantly!!! Can't ask for better than that!!!!

I'm thankful that my mother taught me how to make soup from chicken carcasses and how to check on recipezaar.com to find one for turkey!

I'm thankful this day is over and my inlaws seemed to have enjoyed themselves!

I'm thankful I didn't over eat, but sure did get my fill of such wonderful food!!!

I'm thankful there's plenty of leftovers to eat too!

I'm thankful I don't have to go out shopping tomorrow on Black Friday, even tho I wish I was!!! OH the deals are amazing this year!!!!! But I'm almost done with my shopping, so I'm thankful for that too!

I'm thankful my whole family was together today...and we all survived!

I'm thankful I'm done this post and gonna go sit in my chair and relax for the first time today!! *sigh*

Til next time...ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!