Thursday, November 5, 2009

One Down

Only 359 to go!!! Shouldn't take too long...right??? HA!

What am I talkin about?

Why the mortgage of course! Just another 359 months and it will be OURS!!!! Yeah, I'm being cheeky! For me, it was a momentous day in that this is my first....for Howie...not so much! lol We talked about that...he got smart with me....and I have to be careful what I say as HE'S now reading this blog too!!! Love you honey! *typed with a smirk on my face*

Today we tried a different story time at the Sultan Library....it was okay. DJ really enjoyed himself, but had a hard time taking direction from the teacher until he saw two other boys behaving and then joined them. Samantha...OY! That child was ALL OVER the library!!! Now, the other two libraries that we've done story time at, they have a designated room for such noisy story times...this one did not! So we're in the middle of the library and she's SCREAMING whenever I try to contain her. I tried the keys, my phone, books....ugh! The lady next to me gave her paper and a pencil (followed with a pen next) without asking me...cuz that's really what I did NOT want her to have! In the end I just let her roam the library...she'd climb up at one of the computer desk areas and put on the headphones and play with the mouse and hit buttons on the keyboard (wonder who she sees doing that...) and having a grand old time. DJ got busy painting with fruit...the theme of this story time was food....she'd done a memory game with the kids that had 7 fruits and vegetables on a tray...talked about each one, and then would cover them up and take one piece away to see if the kids could figure out which one was missing....yeah, DJ's not that observant yet...but the older kids got it. Then she cut each one in half and used half of the fruit/veggie in paint and let the kids paint pictures....which then morphed into finger painting...DJ did okay, but wanted his hands clean RIGHT away! and he had more globs of paint than anything else. Didn't matter to him, he was just as proud as Rembrandt would have been!

After nap we took a family outing to Costco....SOOOO exciting!! Got everything on the list and then some...that's how it always goes! But the "then some" in this case was hearing aid batteries!! I feel like I hit the hearing aid battery lottery...30 batteries for 10.00!!!!! That's a STEAL!!!! I'm used to paying roughly a 1.00 per battery! Hey honey, I guess I can wear my hearing aids on a regular basis now instead of just special occasions!!!!! hahahaha j/k!

We came home and got dinner going as I had plans for the evening that didn't include the other 3 members of this house! So once dinner was cleaned up, I got changed and went to my neighbours house for a Pampered Chef party. I haven't been to one of these in about 3 years!! Maybe even longer...I think I was just pregnant with DJ at the last one I went to...which was 4 years ago! So it was nice to see all the new stuff they've come out with! And of course all the classics they've still got! Did you know Pampered Chef has been around for 3o years!?!?!??!! I was floored to learn that!!! Wonder how long Tupperware's been around...
In any case, Howie did some Christmas shopping tonite without even lifting a finger!!! Lucky him eh?? He thinks so too!

Now, he's got the playstation all hooked up (its what we use to play movies too) and playing a game that I'm goin to kick him off of...it IS Thursday nite y'know!!! Prime TV viewing nite! Thankfully the DVR is making itself useful! I did tell him I'd be done in 5 mins....and I have one minute to spare!!

Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!