Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Just call me

Susie Q Breadmaker!!! Today I took my bread machine out of retirement!! I couldn't tell you the last time I used it, it was that long ago. Maybe even before DJ was born....no, it can't have been that long ago! Oh, that's sad!!!

In any case, I broke it out and made rolls to go with dinner, which was the Wednesday predictable spaghetti...or as we say here in the Hughes house, sketti! Then I got inspired and made a cinnamon raisin bread...needs way more cinnamon AND raisins I'd say! The recipe called for a 1/3 of a cup of raisins...this is a pound and a half of bread and it only called for 1/3 of a cup!??!?! HA! I put a half cup in, and it still could have used another half cup...easy!!! It was still good tho! Reminded me of malt bread from back home! YUM!!!



Speaking of recipes....my recipe for Acorn Squash Apple bake was featured over at my friend Tiffany's blog its really yummy!!!!!!!!! I'm drooling now just thinking about it! In fact...I think I may just make it for Sunday's dinner!!! Sweet!



Know what else is sweet!?!?!?!

DJ playing outside with his friends ALLLLLLL day!!! The sun was shining beautifully this morning!!! So about 10:30 I got a message from Lara that she was sending Kristopher out to play...I responded that DJ would meet him out there!!!!!


I had to call him in for lunch around 12:30...and back out he went! He finally came in about 3 and had a snack and some quiet time.

While he was out playing....Samantha and I had so much fun in here...she really likes being tickled...and up in the air...so I'd lay on the couch, lift her up in the air and sway her, then let her lay down and tickle her. Oh she thought it was fun!

She also thought the dog was fun! She laid on the floor nose to nose with Snickers and kept saying Nayer (she's getting better) over and over...Snickers just looked at her and sighed...she's not afraid of Sam! Here's a few pix to document just how cute it truly was!!!!
As soon as she saw my camera she started saying "cheeeeeeese" so I snapped that too!! lol And of course...the close up of that cheesy grin!!!

OK...off to go watch some more dvr stuff...my bum's numb....and then to bed to read! I totally figured out before I was even done page 1 that I'd already read "K is for Killer", but until "L" comes in, I'll read to refresh myself with the style of writing, and the main character!

Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!