Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Goals are good to have

And today my goal was to clean my counter tops off of all the debris that's collected there from random boxes of crap....and also get the book shelf in order....and get the dining area free of boxes....

Yeah, goals are good to have....


Too bad I can't attain them!!!! LOL Truth be told tho, I got 85% of the book shelf done....and all of MY boxes of crap out of the dining area (ahem Howie!) and none of my counter tops cleared!! UGH! In fact, I think MORE crap ended up there instead!!!! Just sitting here now surveying it all and I get depressed!!!

The downstairs rec room is now playable for the kids!!! The TV is set up! There's stuff on the walls! The shouldn't-be-in-this-room crap got put out in the garage where it belongs! So that end of the bargain feels complete!!! and looks good!!! The kids felt like it was Christmas all over again getting their toys back! And the fact that there's a TV down there is just icing on the cake! We also got more stuff up on the walls! Stuff we couldn't have up at the old house cuz there wasn't room!

DJ had a good/rough day! Rough as he ended up in our bed at some point during the nite....why is it that if he wakes Howie up, Howie's answer to whatever he wants is to just put him in bed with us...in the middle no less....and ignore the problem. Whereas, if he wakes me up, I get up, make him pee and put him back in his OWN bed....what gives?!?!?! So DJ was kicking in his sleep and woke Howie up at 6:30....I also got kicked and tried to put DJ on the outside of the bed with me in the middle, and have him go back to sleep...well Howie was pissed he got kicked (HELLO??? Your own fault!!) and got up...and DJ went with him. So he got a rough start to the day!

The good part was that my neighbour (Hi Lara! She reads my blog now...gotta be careful LOL) painted her living/dining room wall and kicked her kids outside to play while she painted in peace. So DJ was literally outside ALL day!!! At lunch he was yawning and looking like he was going to fall asleep at the table, but instead said he was done with lunch and went back outside. It was a beautiful day too!!! So perfect for them to be outside! Even tho he came in wetter today than when its raining!!! He sure had fun tho!!!

I got a visit this afternoon from a neighbour up the street who works for Child Safety Kit, which is run by the local police station. I'd signed up wanting info about 2 weeks ago and got a call last nite. Let me tell you, that's a heavy conversation we had!! Talking about horrid "what ifs" and how necessary it is to fill out the kit to have on hand in need of reference. So, tonite after dinner, I finger printed each of the kids (Sam hated this! Imagine that!) and filled in all the blanks! She also sells life insurance that's run by the Police Union, and showed me all the figures for that...I shall ponder this info...

Bed time was a breeze tonite! Howie said DJ was out by page 4 of the first book!! Can't ask for better than that!!! And Sam was her usual easy going self! Howie's just now gone to bed too, so its my turn for the remote....dang world series!!!


Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!