Thursday, November 12, 2009

Not feeling very

Welcomed by the Welcome Wagon!!! I remember YEARS ago whenever my parents moved, the welcome wagon would drop by with a basket of goodies....things from local merchants, fresh fruit and coupons to other local merchants. Since moving here, I'd wondered when the welcome wagon was going to come....they didn't. Instead they sent out this booklet thing that has "Valuable Welcome Offers" in it....from a dance studio (almost typed stupid there...), a family medical clinic, and the welcome wagon itself soliciting jobs!! Then there's a page devoted to "Using the Right Substitutions and Measurements" just in case you've never cooked/baked in your adult life! Then a page where you're supposed to write down the colours you chose for your walls, and the sizes of your rooms....isn't' that what the paint swatches are for? Then there's a spot for address and phone numbers...y'know, just in case you don't actually own a million address books...or you have so many friends that you've run out of room in previous books!!! And finally they conclude with a calendar!

Sad!!! What is Welcome Wagon coming to?!?!?! I do NOT feel very welcomed! In fact, I feel dissed! lol


Speaking of being dissed....my 3 year old son (who's now up for adoption) gave me quite the wake up call...he had to pee about 20 mins after waking up, so into my bathroom he went doing the real pee dance...unzipped his pj's and started moaning....I go in there lightning quick and he's standing there holding himself with the toilet lid not even lifted! And what does he do??? Pee! On me...on the floor...on the bathmat...on the toilet (not IN) and just about everywhere else pee does NOT belong! SO frustrating!!!!!

Got him cleaned up and put him in a pull up!! We'd been threatening diapers for a couple weeks, and today I did it!!!! Oh, he was not happy with this! But he fully understood WHY he was in a diaper! And we talked about it every single time he went pee!!! Even Daddy had a chat with him about it when he got home! Just before dinner he had to pee, so we talked about it yet again, and he said he was ready for underwear....so we put some on. He did fine til bed time! And hasn't woken up to pee yet. *sigh*

Today was a stay at home day...which was just fine with all three of us! DJ and I are recovering nicely from our colds....I can now breathe thru my nose, and DJ's just got the clear runnies happening. Samantha had such fun going up and down the stairs all day...she doesn't do it the way DJ does, on his bum, but she manages just fine! It was actually nice having them play downstairs for a bit and not having the noise of the TV on upstairs. I actually had the radio on!! Imagine that!

DJ did try to call on his neighvors, but they weren't home....so instead he played on our back deck just to be outside in the sunshine. He wanted Snickers with him, but she'd gone exploring twice already today...so she enjoyed the kid free atmosphere for a bit (SamSam was sleeping) and just lay around. DJ did manage to bang up his upper left eye lid...either on a stair or on the railing...he's not sure....but it looks like a doozy! We got some vanilla on it right way and it just swelled up...no other colours! LOVE vanilla!!!


Now, I'm done for the day!! Gonna go crawl into bed and get warm next to my extremely warm blooded hubby....he LOVES my cold feet at nite!! lol

Til next time...ciao!

3 comments:

  1. ok, dang it, you cheated by posting that family pic below the days entry!! Very VERY nice picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you got cupcakes and a dye job!
    Now I feel dissed.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I moved it just for you Fiona!! I had the picture above the "About Me" section...

    Lara...I did mention my goodies and dye job earlier!!! Brat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!