Sunday, November 15, 2009

Company's coming for dinner

And he got lost!!! On his way here!!!! One of the members at the club Howie works at has been a friend of Howie's for a long time now. So on Friday at the Zumba class they got chatting and Howie invited him for dinner tonite. So, I pulled out a pork roast, looked up a recipe for it, and got to town...oh the garlic alone smelled heavenly!!! And I gotta say, like the crock pot, its SO nice to have everything in one dish cooking at the same time!! I also did up a butternut squash...my kids don't like potatoes unless they're french, and fried!





Wanna know what we had for dessert??








The most delicious Pumpkin Cobbler that my g/f Tiffany posted on her blog....I was doubting it would be good (sorry Tiffany!) but man...it was SO good I had two helpings!!!! Very moist, and the cake on top was nice and crunchy!! I did manage to "Missyfy" it...I didn't have any ground ginger, so instead of using just plain cinnamon...I used Pumpkin Pie Spice....it had ginger in it! lol In any case, the chopped pecans were toasted perfectly!!!! My only complaint....DJ managed to turn the oven off mid cook...so it took longer! GRRRRRRR lol

I served it with ice cream and it was a HIT! The kids both loved it too! In fact, Howie (who doesn't like pumpkin, other than to carve them) said he wanted some in his lunch tomorrow!!!!!! *GASP*



Our day mostly consisted of cleaning...which when you think of it, shouldn't really have been all that much considering we just had the chocolate party a week ago...right?? HA! I am APPALLED by how much we collect crap!!!! Having guests means you HAVE to deal with it!

The other accomplishment of the day...the curtains are UP in our room!!!!!!!! No more next-door-neighbour-house-light-shining-thru-the-window crap! (Not you Lara!!!) Or the daylight breaking thru!! SWEET!!!!!!!! In daylight today, I went in there, shut the door and just looked at the darkness of the room...so beautiful! This coming from the kid who slept with her door open til she was 19!!!! I got a boyfriend and that was the end of that! LOL



This next part is for my mom...I just realized today that I might not get to talk to you on Christmas Day! I'm very saddened by this!!!! Call your cell provider and make sure you get an American plan...or research what it would take to get a pre paid number when you're in the States that I can all for free!!! Oooooh we could chat EVERY day like we used to! You never did call me this last week like you said you were going to....*ahem!*



OK, back to regular programming! Dinner was great!!!! The kids were a hoot for Mark and loved up on him right away!!!! And surprisingly went to bed very easy for us! Mark stayed and watched Desperate Housewives with me and then went home...hope he got home safe! I should have made him text me or something...silly me! I also got Wyndi's scarf all done!! Trying to decide if I want to add a fringe to it or not....Wyn, what's your thought!?? Call me!



Look at me using my blog to talk to my peeps! HA! lol



Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!