Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Grounding a 3 year old

Is WAY more punishment for me than it was for him!!! This morning, after he took his medicine, he decided to wash the cup he took it from in the sink in their bathroom...while standing IN the bathroom, NEXT to the toilet, with the water running, he pee'd his pajamas!!!!! He was THAT lazy he didn't go right there on the toilet...then came out to me laughing about it!!!! HA! We'll see who's laughing when I take away going to the library story time!! Yeah, neither of us were laughing then! But he was upset with me and every time he had to go potty, he made mention of going on the toilet cuz he wanted to go to the library!! Here's hoping it worked!!

So, instead I got busy with dishes, laundry, folding the two loads that were done, ironing, and showering and getting all girly.

You see, tonite we had an appt for family pictures with Jake! I had the kids ready to go when Howie walked in the door, he got changed and spruced up! and off we went! Picked Jake up and then went to Walmart (where else!?!?) for our session. She was running late, so we didn't get started til 6:30 and then all clocks stopped as we took picture after picture! Got some REALLY nice ones! Man, I wish I had the money to buy 'em all!!! In the end we got the one of all 5 of us (I'm the dorky one this year, in that I'm the only one not looking at the camera!) and then got an 8x10 of the kids, which looks SUPER good!!!! I'm thrilled with them!!!!

Since pictures were for 6pm, and didn't get started til 6:30, that means we didn't get done til 7:30!!!! And we still had to eat!!! While I was dealing with picking poses, the boys discussed where we were eating for dinner and chose Round Table...never again! Their pizza wasn't that great! We got talked into the buffet and then they shut it down 5 mins after we started!!! They did eventually make more pepperoni for Jake, but grumbled about it. So much so, that one employee got so pissed off he was swearing at another employee right in front of our table...so yeah, I'll be calling about that tomorrow!!!! Unacceptable!!!!

By the time we dropped Jake off, it was 8:45 and we still had a 45 min drive home! DJ fell asleep almost instantly! Samantha on the other hand stayed awake the whole ride home and was running circles when she got in the house! I changed DJ while he was sleeping and then put him in bed, and then got Sam settled in her bed only to hear her SCREAMING bloody murder! Turns out one of the cats got trapped in her room and was clawing at the door scaring the crap out of her. She clung to me for dear life when I went in there! I reassured her all was good and put her back in bed and she fell asleep pretty quickly! There were a few whimpers, but no protest!

And if DJ gives me another nite like last nite...I'll be one exhausted Mum!!! Last nite I woke up to him in bed with me playing with my elbow at 4:26....so off we went for him to go potty...put him back in bed and then went back to bed myself. Howie's alarm went off very shortly after and we hear DJ running down the hall chasing a cat. Howie tries to settle him back in bed and then started getting ready for work...DJ was still awake (and so was I) when Howie was done, so I told him to just bring DJ in bed with me. Even then it took him a while to settle down...and his feet were FREEEEEEZING!!!!! Seems like 5 mins later it was 8 am and DJ was awake and raring to go! ugh!

Now, I'm gonna go work on that scarf I started....this time for real! I frogged it 3 or 4 times before settling on this pattern and width. Its new yarn to me, so it took a bit to get the feel of it. It is knitting up nice!!!!!

Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!