Monday, November 9, 2009

Chipotle doesn't just mean

A smoked and usually dried jalapeno pepper....it means FUCKING HOT!!!!!!!! (pardon my french/Italian/German/dutch/English!!) I had the extreme unpleasure of ordering a salad at Quizno's this afternoon, and I chose the Raspberry Chipotle Chicken...I about burned my mouth off!!! I know for a fact I lost a few taste buds!! And my poor nose!!!!!!! I'm right in the beginnings of a cold (thank you DJ) and my nose is raw after today! (I don't even want to think about my poor bum in the morning *shudders*) Please, don't ask my WHY I ate the whole freaking thing either!?!?!!? With every bite it burned more...and with every breath it got hotter!!! I almost thought I was going to turn into a fire breathing dragon!!!! It was THAT hot!!!!!!!

Now, I do understand that I have a very low thresh hold for spicy food (this was SOOOOOOO far beyond that) and if someone out there tries it and loves it...you can thank me later! I for one, will NEVER order anything EVER that has the word Chipotle in/around/near it!!! Mark my words (Tiffany!) cuz this is the truth!!!!!

Whew!

The really sad part (and don't laugh) is that I had not a drop of water with me to try and cool it down...all I had was the drool my mouth was forming with every bite!!!!

So, how was it that Quizno's was my lunch??

Glad you asked!

I had to make a run to Lynnwood today as Jake forgot his "special" calculator and hat from this weekend's visit. And it ended up being a late run as DJ was gracious enough to sleep in til 8:45!!!!! Sam woke up very shortly after that and we all got on the go.
While we were going to Lynnwood, I dropped off a few Avon catalogs, and hit the Walmart (where else?!?!) that's right up the street from Jake's mom's house. The Walmart (where else?!?!) visit happened over the lunch hour, and this one has a McD's in it...so the kids got nuggets and fries. Gave me little peace to shop! They were MONSTERS!!!!! GRRRRR

Of course by the time we were done I was starving!! I knew there was a Quizno's in the same parking lot, so I stopped there. Got one of those Toasty Bullets (waste of money in my opinion!!!) and the small salad and called it good!

Both kids napped in the truck on the way home...Sam for all of 45 mins and DJ for a 20 minute power nap. I don't know HOW Samantha knows, but she KNOWS the moment we pull into the driveway!!! Unreal!

After dinner they got bathed and went to bed rather easily! DJ with his cold medicine in his belly and Sam with her bunny tucked in beside her. And now its my turn...I'm gonna stuff my nose with tissues and lather it up with Vaseline so it won't chap up too bad...and suck away on a Halls cough drop so I can breathe while I'm sleeping which will be impossible with the tissue in the way.....OY!

Til next time...ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Seems I always have something to say - but hey, at least it shows I am a loyal reader. So sorry about that HOT meal. hehehe. I actually love hot & spicy food, and with my experience, want to give you a hint how to help your poor mouth if you should encounter a similar situation. Water doesn't help!! Neither does soda - in fact soda makes it worse!! The best drink to ease the burn is milk, and if your lips are burning, a little yogurt or butter rubbed on helps a lot. In fact, you will often find small dishes of plain yogurt as a side dish in Indian restaurants, for this very purpose.

    Hope your poor nose is feeling better too. Gotta love vaseline, the best moisturizer ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!