Monday, September 14, 2009

I've Had the Time of My Life

And I've never felt this way before....If you haven't heard already, Patrick Swayze has lost his battle to pancreatic cancer! He was a gifted actor and will be missed!!! I could probably recite Dirty Dancing....would love to attempt the dancing, but y'know, I'll leave that to the professionals!!! He's also one of those who aged well!!! Like Robert Redford!!!

Last nite, after blogging, I had the she it scared outta me!!! Snickers had been dancing needing to go out, so I let her go...now, it's midnite and she took off to the back of the house and started barking!!! Well, it scared me so bad I locked the door and took off to wake Howie up. She NEVER barks this late at nite...and with the scare we had last month I got freaked out quickly!! Plus, all the mornings I've scared myself silly....so yeah, I woke Howie up! Poor guy! He went out and checked and nothing was there. So we all came back inside....he went back to bed and I folded laundry to kill some time hoping he'd go back to sleep quickly...he did! I went to bed and read for a bit, and Snickers was whining the whole time and had her ears laid back...about 1:15 Howie got tired of her pacing (and licking him) and got up with her...she had to potty. Her chase the previous trip out took precedence apparently. Well, Howie had a rough nite from that point on...and he told me tonite that DJ woke him up to pee, and he got up for the day around 2:30....yuck! So yeah, he was in bed 2 minutes after DJ went to bed!

Jake played football today, all the way out in Stanwood, and the game was at 4....Sam was still sleeping at 3:50 so we didn't go! He caught an interception and made a touch down!! WOOT! And they won 20-7 so its all good!! Howie went from work, so he got home just as we were finishing dinner. I took the kids outside to play with balloons while he ate and relaxed a bit....then it was bedtime and they both went down quite easily!

Samantha is definitely ahead of the game...she decided a couple weeks ago that she wanted her teeth brushed too...she would stand outside the gate at the bathroom door watching us floss and brush, and started saying teeth, teeth, teeth....so I got her a toddler brush and we've been brushing her 8 teeth every nite! She loves it!!! Howie thinks its weird! But both of them enjoy brushing their teeth!! And DJ LOVES using those floss pick thingies....ahhh my childhood dentist would be proud!!!

Now, I'm watching the telly and veg'ing....my fave time of day!!

Til next time...ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I did Loose Electricity! ha. Sad to hear about Patrick Swayze. I guess I'm way out of the loop..I hadn't heard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!