Thursday, September 10, 2009

I have decided

That any movie with Jennifer Aniston in it....is going to be GOOD!!!! I had the extreme pleasure of watching He's Just Not That Into You tonite....and it was FABULOUS!!! Why wasn't this out back in my dating days!??!? At the very least, I would have read the book!!! The movie was funny and poignant....made me laugh out loud and cry at the end!! I really enjoyed it!!

This is for the people who "know" me...but I didn't pick up my phone once!!!! Nor did I pause it once!!! HA! It is possible!!! If you haven't seen it...do so!

What a gorgeous day it was today in the PNW!!! I got this new app on my phone that tracks the weather and I really like knowing what the temp is! I can also see what the daily forecast is and the long range forecast. I digress....

The kids and I ran errands this morning, and DJ was having so many melt downs, that I knew he needed a nap this aft...seems I was right too!! He slept great! In fact, I had to wake him! He is a tough one to wake up....even me taunting him with an Oreo didn't work!!! Should have tried broccoli...lol!

We had a ROUGH nite last nite! DJ woke to potty at 2 and I put him back to bed easily, and fell back to sleep quickly myself! Then, at 3:24 we hear this banging on the wall and its DJ kicking the wall wide awake!!! And once Howie's awake like that (it was fearful til we realized it was DJ) he can't just go back to sleep! So he went in to DJ and brought him to our bed....I vaguely remember this as once I knew what the cause of the noise was, I was ready to go back to sleep. In fact, we slept til 8:30!! And I don't recall Howie kissing me goodbye....so I was really out of it! I needed it too!

So, when Howie came home from work he was a little on the exhausted side and wanted a nap. Being the good wife that I am (you can take my word for it!) I took the kids to the park and let them have fun running around! And fun they had!! DJ immediately found this little boy that was just as rambunctious as he is...and they were chasing each other all over the park! On our walk home we sang songs and talked about crossing the street...he's starting to "get" it!! YAY!

Dinner was something new for the kids, and an old favourite for Howie and I....and something we haven't had in about a year...soup and grilled cheese! DJ was all over the grilled cheese part!! And SamSam LOVED the soup!!! DJ even asked for a salad in a bowl...and ate it all! YAY! After dinner was bath time for the kiddos...and then bed time...which went smoothly. So it would seem that we've mastered (dare I say it out loud?) the going to bed part, now we just need for him to sleep right thru the nite...every nite!!!

Now that I'm done blogging, I'm gonna go check email and fart around on Facebook for a bit...then head to bed and keep at that book....

Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!