Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First day of school

And it has nothing to do with me really!! In fact, I slept thru all the added traffic noise!! I was blown away!! All those buses I've complained about, didn't hear one of them today!! Our street, up closer to Jake's school, is now photo enforced for speed...might have had something to do with it? Who knows! Even DJ slept late with me!! No begging for a few more minutes! It was 8:30 by the way! Perfect time to wake up! lol

Got Sam up and got about our day! I knew we weren't going to make it to the 10 o'clock story time, so instead of rushing and getting frustrated, I simply chose to make it for the 11 o'clock one. Breakfast was nice and slow, getting dressed included some naked babies running about, Avon was ordered, and my hair did see a curling iron before we headed out the door. The only thing missing was one library book....and I didn't have time to hunt it down! I can't even remember the title of it! Oops! And the library doesn't list it like regular books, all it says is "Board Books"....so it could be anywhere!!! And it turns out, DJ didn't want to return the train book (go figure) just yet as it was missing from the bag when I got to the library!

The only thing I don't like about going to the 11 o'clock group is that it's HUGE!!!!!!! There were 22 kids today and 17 adults!! That's a lot of kids I have to monitor DJ from! Surprisingly, they both did VERY well!! We got there a few mins early, so DJ hopped on the kid 'puter and pretended to "work" on it...SO cute!




After story time we headed home for lunch! And then nap times!!! DJ was in a pretty good mood so he didn't want/need one! He coloured instead! And ate some oreos! Lucky kid!




We had Jake come over tonite for dinner and a visit and got hear all about his first day of sophomore year! Sadly we also learned he pulled a hamstring last week (and played on it Friday!!) so he won't be playing this week as he can barely walk without wincing! Poor kid!

He went home, the kids went to bed, Howie worked on fishing stuff and I went surfing and blogging...now it's just me and the furry ones.....love this time of nite!!!!



Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!