Sunday, April 17, 2011

That ice cream....

Really does work!!! SO glad I didn't have any last nite like I'd said I was!!! Whew!

And it only takes 3 1/2 hours to do it's thing too! I was VERY careful in only doing the suggested amount for a serving...knowing it's effect and all. Dang!!

Guess I know what to give to SamSam if she's ever suffering! Hey, Mom, want some ice cream!!?!?!

This morning I was up and at 'em super early!!! There was a ladies retreat this morning that started at 9, but I didn't get there til 9:15 for a couple reasons...I had to swing by the bank, knowing they would be closed when I was done the retreat, and I got caught first in line waiting for a train. As it was, I didn't miss anything other than fellowship...so it was all good!

I was smart and wore my Avon sparkly shirt to self advertise....IT WORKED!!!!!!!!! I handed out 5 books to people who actually asked for them once they knew for sure that I'm a rep!! SWEET!!!! This is the moment I've been waiting for! Especially when the pastor's wife endorses me and says, "she's been my rep for a while now!" YAY!!! I'm also looking into doing a fund raiser for the missions trip to Uganda...just gotta get the email to send off the info and I'm good to go!

The retreat was creative...we did mosaic tiled clay pots...I've never tiled anything in my life, this was very interesting to me...and very easy I discovered!! I love the look too! Mine's on the counter now drying til tomorrow around 1ish, then I'll put a coat of mod podge on it to gloss it up and seal the grout. The dessert they had for everyone was very creative....crushed oreos, chocolate pudding, more crushed oreos, and two gummy worms coming out of it. Unfortunately it wasn't sugar free, so I didn't eat, but I can make it sugar free...and plan to for DJ's birthday party instead of a cake or cupcakes...I think he'll get a kick out of that! I also won a centerpiece and it's just darling...a pot of flowers, and the centers are lollipops!! The kids were excited for that, but I put it up on the mantle to admire for a while before they inhale them.

After the retreat I stopped by the library and picked up the books on hold...finally I have a copy of the South Beach Supercharged which my mom's been using. I'm anxious to see the differences. I'm quite proud of the fact that I have now lost 30 lbs doing South Beach...and that's in almost 10 weeks! I'm liking it!! I just wish I'd stop losing my ass and start using other stuff up now! Seriously!! The junk is gone from my trunk! Now I need the spare tire to disappear, thankyouverymuch!

When I got home Howie and the kids were outside working...him with the chainsaw, and the kids with garden tools. I changed and had planned on working in my garden...but helped Howie with piling logs up. Boy, what a jog down memory lane that was! A 30 year old jog for me! In any case, he got 2 main "branches" down on the cherry tree, and cleaned up the brush in the cedars...then the rain came. We'd just brought the chainsaw and whatnot in the garage and turned around and it was pouring. Just like that! Good timing really too! Howie hopped in the shower, and I got the kids drinks. Then marched them downstairs and made them pick up every single toy in the room! Took them 45 minutes to do it too! How on earth do I explain efficiency to these kids?? Pick up more than one blasted toy at a time and you'll get done quicker!!! If I'd done it, it would have been done in 5 minutes! ugh!

After dinner I bathed the kids and then we put them to bed...they were wiped!! Wiping at their eyes and yawning....all that fresh air! Then I loaded the dishwasher and got some ice cream and FINALLY sat down in my chair for the first time today! We watched an episode of Dexter and then Howie went to bed. Since I had netflix up, I watched Karate Kid...the one with Jaden Smith. I must say, I miss Mr Miagi!! And having subtitles to translate the Chinese wasn't my idea of fun, but at least I knew what the heck they were saying! I think I still prefer the original...Ralph Macchio was the best!!!!

Til next time...God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!