Tuesday, August 4, 2009

By George

I think we got it figured out!!!! The bed time fiasco that is! Like I blogged about last nite, my leaving on Sunday and Monday nites caused DJ to stay in bed and give no fuss...well tonite I didn't have anywhere to go really, so I faked it. *gasp!* lol But y'know...it worked!!! I told him I had to go shopping (he asked for a BIG apple) and I'd see him in the morning....he asked if Daddy was still going to be here, to which I assured him, that yes, he would be. And that was the end of it! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!! If I'd known that's all it took....I would have done this weeks ago!!! He didn't get out of bed once!! Not once!! Howie said he was in there talking to himself, but that's it! Didn't even call out to Daddy!! I know!! I'm shocked too!!! It worked! :)

Today was story time at the library, so we took off shortly after breakfast....and was actually a little too early...so we drove over to where my g/f Andie lives as I'd seen a For Rent sign on the main road and wanted to investigate...I found it...and it's way out of our price range!!! Nice area, but you get what you pay for...ifyaknowwhatImean!
Both kids did great at story time today!! They shared well...one of them sat with me pretty much the whole time...DJ even marched with the pom pom today!!! While Sam stood off near a corner with a pout AND a scowl on her face!! Then, the minute the music stopped she ran into the center of the circle of chairs and started shaking her pom pom....whatta kid!!

So, as you know we've been looking for a new place to live....and this past weekend we thought we'd found THE place!!!! *sigh* Sadly, it wasn't meant to bed....the owners are deciding to sell in 4 or 5 months and they knew we were looking for a long term house. I'm so bummed!! It was a 4 bedroom, 3 bath house with over 2000 sq ft!! AND a double car garage!!! The house we're in now has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths and NO garage!! And is total 1600 sq ft...I know, it sounds good, but remember that list??? Most times it feels like we're on top of each other in the common areas. In any case, we're still on the look out...the good thing is we don't HAVE to be out of here by any date, so we can take our time looking and find another PERFECT house for us! Just woulda been nice....*sigh*

After dinner Howie took Jake out for a driving lesson...and he says Jake "got the hang of it" as far as the clutch goes....just needs more practice to get that confidence. So, while they were off doing that, I took the kids to the park and let them run off that extra energy food gives them! And it would seem that both Jake AND DJ are going thru a growth spurt!! You should have seen the amount of food they both ate!!! DANG!!! Good thing they're not BOTH teenagers at the same time!! Whew!

OK, gonna go veg a bit and then get to bed...another full day ahead of us tomorrow!!!


Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!