Friday, March 12, 2010

Survivor Thoughts

I'm watching this season and I'm just rapt with all the dynamics of the game this time 'round. I think its mostly because the players have all "been there done that" before....some of them twice! I'm fascinated by the power people think they have in the game! Because what it all comes down to is that it IS just a game!!!

And this season has seen more injuries in 4 weeks than any other season...they're just vicious when it comes to challenges that are physical. Its wicked! OY!

But, it's a good show to knit to!! The don'thavetothinkaboutit kind of knitting...my favourite kind!!! And today I completed the body of sweater number 2! And the collar! Even got the sleeve started on one side...just moving along! I'm toying with the idea of making a short sleeved one...I think it would look cute! Just not sure what kind of cuff to do as the rolled rim that this pattern calls for won't look the same mid bicep...hmmmm I'll have to think on this some more!

Today we ventured out of the house for the first time in days....we went to get some painting supplies that Howie needs to finish up the painting....and then get some food supplies for the Pampered Chef party tomorrow nite. We're making this awesome pizza that I had over at Lara's at her last party. If you want to order something, let me know and I'll shoot you the link for the website! (thanks Fifi and Jackie!)

It was POURING down rain today....cold yucky and wet! I'm thankful we didn't have much to do today...and we were really only gone for an hour...which isn't too bad when you think about the fact that a half hour of that was driving back and forth...in fact, that was pretty darn quick come to think of it!! lol

Samantha is doing just fine, in case you were wondering. She slept right thru the nite, and woke up her happy normal self! She didn't eat much breakfast (I don't think she likes honey toast...) and lunch was light and at dinner we let her decide when she was done...at which point there wasn't really much left on her plate! So, I'm beginning to wonder if she's got some aversion to tomatoes....I put a can of stewed tomatoes in the sauce (usually every time...) and maybe the acidity of the tomatoes is not sitting well with her. I'm at a loss really!! She even asked for Sketti for lunch...does she think I'm crazy!?!?!? LOL Don't answer that!

DJ fell asleep this afternoon on the couch with me....and I managed to get up without waking him...and THOROUGHLY enjoyed the half hour of absolute quiet...it was heaven!!! Got the laundry started and then stalled...haven't been down there since....but should before I go to bed as SamSam is in mismatched pj's....a Dora pj top and regular stretch pants for bottoms....she did go thru 4 pairs of pajamas in one nite....I'm not prepared for that usually! What mom is?!?!

Now that I've had 3 hours of uninterrupted knitting, I think its time for bed!

Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!