Sunday, March 7, 2010

Off with his head

I think everyone knows where that line comes from!!

Today was a day of firsts....and when you have an almost 4 year old and an even closer to two year old, firsts are few and far between. This morning, Samantha had her first sliver extracted! DJ had his removed a couple days ago...but there were more today! The other day was his hands, and today was his feet. Sam thought she'd be cute and show DJ how easy it was to lay on the floor and put her feet up for extraction....and that's when I noticed she also had a couple slivers....so we dug 'em out and sent her on her way. She put up minimal fuss...DJ on the other hand...wow the theatrics!!!! Hopefully he learned not to go barefoot tho! And I think he got them on our own back deck...Howie pressure washed it, but its far from done!

Once the slivers were removed, and socks put on, followed by shoes, DJ was off to play outside with his neighbours...perfect thing to do at 10 am on a Saturday morning!! Sam and I were off to do some grocery shopping...and Howie was left at home alone to paint!

We came home with the costco load and had lunch...I put SamSam down for her nap against all protests until she actually got in her bed, and immediately laid her head down! Sometimes....

I then took off for the rest of the shopping...unfortunately time didn't allow me to wander off and explore, so I stuck to my list and did pretty good time-wise! Howie called me about 4 to say both of them were awake and he wasn't done! So I hurried home to guard the stairs!

After dinner I bathed the kids and got them ready for bed...which went smoothly...that happens when he's been playing outside for umpteen hours!! And Samantha only bellowed for me once tonite...and was quiet soon after.

Howie and I then had another first....it was date nite...and we went to the movies ALONE!!!! In all our years together (8 1/2) we've never gone to the movies just us! We've gone with Jake...with Jake and DJ...with friends...but never each other! Odd no?

In case you hadn't figured it out (or don't follow me on Facebook) we went and saw Alice in Wonderland! In 3D!!! Oh it was good!!! I wish tho that I'd had closed captioning for the Mad Hatter...Johnny Depp is phenomenal, but I could hardly understand him...even watching his mouth!! The whole movie was fantastic! The 3D was incredible and not inyourface like the old time 3D movies from when I was a kid. And the animation was wild!!!!!

I don't recall ever reading Alice in Wonderland as a kid...or maybe not in its entirety....nor have I watched other movie versions of it...so this was really my first time...and WOW!!! I'm blown away!!

And what a great date I had! He bought me popcorn too...which in itself is love as he HATES popcorn!!!! With a passion!! lol Isn't he sweet?!?!

Now, I'm off to bed!!! To dream of mad hatters, Cheshire cats, rabbits and large headed queen yelling "Off with his head!"

Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!