Monday, October 18, 2010

Something she's never done before

This morning had too many wake ups!! Samantha woke up at 2 and needed some consoling...and apparently her pennies...but once settled she was good!

Then at 6 am I heard Snickers barking at the slider door....something she's never done before!!! But when ya gotta go, ya gotta go!!! And go she did!!! While she did, I did too...then we both went back to bed!

Far too soon after that, the kids were up...thankfully Howie tended to them while I dozed for a bit more. At 9 I got up and took a shower and got ready for church. Howie and his germs stayed home...so the kids and I took off shortly after 10...if only I'd put Samantha's car seat back together last nite when I thought of it...would have been a HUGE time saver!! Lesson learned!

DJ was far too clingy during service and very distracting to me! It also didn't help that it was Pastor Appreciation Day at the church and there was cake and punch brought into the sanctuary at the end...plus he'd seen it when we went to the bathroom....so for the last half hour of service he kept telling me how hungry and thirsty he was...oy!  We didn't stay for cake...far too difficult with both of them and just me...so home we headed!

I'd called ahead and had Howie put a pot of water on for mac n cheese for lunch....when I walked in I noticed right away he'd tidied up and vacuumed!!! AWESOME!! He said he was feeling guilty for missing church and once he got started cleaning, just kept on going! Me likey! After lunch the kids headed outside to play on such a gorgeous fall day...while I headed to the bedroom for a nap!!! Whew I needed one too!! I did wake up quite refreshed and ready to take on the rest of the day!

Howie took the kids for their bike ride and I stayed in and did some Avon schtuff...and then started prepping dinner. Burgers and tater tots...or potato tots, according to DJ....they'd never had them before...but what a HUGE hit they were!! I think I recall DJ saying they were even better than fries! lol I think he just liked the extra ketchup for dipping! Sam had no problems with them either!!! After dinner I headed out to return the movie from last nite that I forgot to take with me this morning! And I stopped by the shed...good thing too! I got some leeks and plan on making some potato soup! YUM!

Once the kids were in bed, Howie wasn't too long after them...and I watched Amazing Race, knit some on the blanket, watched Desperate Housewives, finished the blanket, watched Brothers & Sisters and started a kid sweater! Pretty productive nite!!

Til next time...pray for safety for all troops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!