Sunday, October 24, 2010

I am a house builder now!

Gingerbread house that is!! Today I got up with the kids when they got up from our bed! No idea when the heater, aka: DJ, came to bed, and I think it was close to 6 or 6:30 when SamSam joined us....and they both got up just before 8 which is when I needed to get up anyways.


DJ was still fevered and didn't want anything to eat or drink...so I let him be on the couch. Samantha on the other hand was demanding breakfast....and I obliged! Once fed, I got her dressed for the day, got me taken care of, and off I went to build!!

Today was a women's retreat at the church and we were building gingerbread houses! All the pieces were made we just had to put 'em together! It was a lot of fun!! There were about 26 of us...all spread out...with LOADS of creativity!! As we waited for our roofs to set, we had lunch from Subway...yum!! Then we all got down to business and decorated our houses!! I think this was the most fun I've had in 4 yrs of doing them!! Partly because I didn't have anyone bugging at me...or eating the candy was we go! That was MY job today lol! And it was a delicious job to say the least!!

I got done just after 1 and had a few stops to make on the way home...and pick up a couple movies! One for the kids (Marmaduke) and one for me (Date Night) since our original plans to go to a punkin patch were scrapped due to DJ's sickies. I arrived home about 2:30 and found Jake visiting. He was actually out for the daily bike ride...fever be damned! It did wear DJ out tho...he fell asleep sitting with me in my chair. Once Jake left, he and I laid on the couch a bit and dozed.

While we got dinner going we put in the movie for the kids...it really was more adult than kid...but they were both transfixed...it IS a talking dog!! After dinner I bathed Samantha while DJ finished his movie...and then they both went to bed! Howie went to bed shortly after 9 as he didn't want to watch the movie I picked...so I watched it. Oh there were so many LOL moments for me!! It really was funny!

Then as I was knitting away and it was barely 11, I got caught up in a Lifetime movie called Growing The Big One about pumpkin growing and competition. Good one to knit to at least! Now, I hear my pillows singing their nightly lullaby!

Til next time...pray for safety for all troops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!