Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mama Bear is VERY proud!!!

This morning was not Samantha's finest!! I woke up shortly before 5 to hearing Howie talking to her...convincing her to go back to bed...and then he left for work and she lost it!! Came out screaming from her room and into mine...DJ was already in bed with me (no clue when that happened) and so she got in on the other side of me...kid sandwich anyone? Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep...Sam didn't either...she tossed and turned before finally getting up at 6:45 for the day. DJ got up shortly after 7 and thankfully Howie'd left them sippies and cookies...I wasn't ready to get out of bed.

First day of Fall and I already want the electric blanket on and the heat regulating to 68 at nite an 72 in the day!! brrrrrrrrrrr I woke up shivering!!! I did close the bathroom window tho, so here's hoping tomorrow morning is warmer! I think I'll add another light blanket tho just to be sure!

The weather today was gorgeous tho!! DJ opted to stay home and play outside with his neighbours which worked for me! SamSam and I took off to do some grocery shopping in peace! She enjoys sitting in the buggy part of the cart thinking she's a big girl! And she thoroughly enjoyed having Mara all to herself at PlayLand at Freddy's! In fact, I was done shopping in 35 mins it was so relaxing!! Shopping...relaxing? HA! no...but it was hassle free! She did pull a tantrum on me as we were leaving the PlayLand area...she saw the display of Pillow Pets and wanted a new one! Once I calmed that one down, she freaked about wanting to ride the horsey outside....this is what getting up so early gets me! She fell asleep in the last 3 minutes riding home...so I let her have her nap while I unloaded, and fed the boys...they all ate outside even!! Soon the picnic table will be packed away for the winter, so they're enjoying it now!

Once Sam got up she ate her lunch and they all went and played....til Sam got tired of getting beat up on by Caleb...then she came in and snuggled with me on the couch. She's a doll! About 3:30 I got dinner going as tonite was and early dinner nite with Awana. DJ had been practicing his verses and mottos and was VERY ready to earn his "bear hug" from Awana....I dropped him off at his class and went to tend to mine. I actually felt like I was getting the hang of things too! Learning kids names will come to me eventually...I hope! I've got about 28 kids that report to me during the nite...and some of them twice a nite too!! There's still plenty to learn and that will come with time!

When I went to get DJ he shocked me by having his book and vest already!! We'd only studied half of his start brochure, so I wasn't expecting him to have done the second half! But he did apparently! He was so proud too!!! The smile on his face was adorable!! So, now we have some more stuff to go thru and learn...but he was thrilled to have done so well! That makes me happy! On the way home we did the "what was your favourite part of the day" stuff that's normally saved for bed time...and he said that MY favourite part of the day was picking him up at his classroom....he was so right!!!! His fave part of the day was playing games with his class.

We got home and he went to bed rather quickly and easily!! We'd also talked about the fact that I didn't want him fighting me on bed time...it seemed to work! Howie was 2 seconds behind my tucking DJ in...ha! He'd waited up for us...but was tired. Once everyone was settled I got comfy in my chair and watched tv...Modern Family and Cougar Town are back!!! And of course, Survivor...I have to say, I like it on Wednesday more than I did on Thursday...not as much competition...for me anyways!


Til next time...pray for safety for all troops!

2 comments:

  1. T and C both went crazy when they saw the Pillow Pets displays EVERYWHERE at Fred Meyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really getting excited about my honeymoon up your way - especially when you talk about the cooler temps. It's still in the 90's here. :-)

    Loving Survivor on Wednesday! Gives me something to look forward to. I could not believe that crazy tribal council and of course I love Coach Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!