Thursday, August 26, 2010

Things that go bump in the night

Usually involve a child!!

This time it was Samantha!! She bumped into our bed at 3:15 and scared the sleep outta me!!! She didn't say anything and then it got quiet. So I roll over, get comfy thinking she went back to her room when I hear her sigh...so I hit a button on my phone to make it somewhat visible in the room and she's laying on the floor sleeping. The light goes out and I'm laying there debating on whether to leave her, let Howie deal with her, or move her back to her bed. If I left her and Howie dealt with her, chances are, I'd wake up to that...so I got out of bed and moved her back to her room. I picked her up and she said "Mummy!" like she was happy to see me! Went back to sleep easily too! Thankfully, so did I! Whew!

Then DJ joined me at 7 and was restless...by 7:45 he was out in the living room watching tv. Sam wasn't too long after that. My sister says I should enjoy these obscene moments as one day when my nest is empty I'll be missing them....hmmm I'll have to ask my mom about that one! LOL

We had no plans for the day today, so we just hung out at home puttering....looking back, I probably should have started some laundry, but I didn't. The kids were having a rather co-operative day, which is always nice! I've noticed Samantha is getting braver....meaner...more retaliating....she's starting to find her ground as far as DJ bullying her goes....nice to see, but at the same time, she can't be mean just to be mean...fine line! Fun times!

Once Sam was down for her nap DJ and I settled to watch Veggie Tales....til he heard the neighbours arrive home...then he was outside faster than I could say yes! He changed into his swim trunks on the stairs...better than outside on the front porch I guess...lol

As soon as Sam got up I got her in her swim suit as we were headed over to a friends house for a swim and dinner. Such fun!! DJ was actually more interested in the food she had set out than jumping in the pool upon arrival! Sam decided she wanted to go in, so I got in...and then she backed out on me...but the water was awesome, so I stayed in! I did grab her and bring her in, and the fussing wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be..and she eventually let me just hold her at arms length while she kicked her legs. In fact, she even let me dunk her...just that one time tho! But hey, it's progress! I'm setting the stage for next year!

About 8 we packed up and came the all of 4 minutes home! Awesome drive! lol The kids went right into pj's and then bed after teeth brushings! Howie wasn't too far behind them! He's gotta go in early tomorrow so off he went! I happened on a movie Remember the Titans.....quite by accident. What a phenomenal movie!! Based on true events one year before my birth. Who knew a football movie would have me in tears!!! Fabulous!! It was made in 2000, so it was nice to see some actors we've grown up watching be in this movie and look SO young! If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it, you don't have to be a football player/fanatic to enjoy it! :)

Til next time...pray for safety for all troops!

P.S. I got my first birthday card in the mail...had me laughing out loud too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!