Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's a small world after all

Since attending VBS for the past 3 days, our world has gotten a bit smaller!! While I'm busy minding my children, apparently, they're making their own impression on other church members. Not sure yet if this is a good thing, or a bad thing....guess time will tell!

This morning was much easier...still not as smooth as I'd like it to be, but that was my fault! I think SamSam read my blog yesterday about how difficult she was going to be to wake in her school years....she was up shortly after 7 this morning!!! Raring to go!! She asked if she could watch tv, and came out to the living room. Got it all going to! DJ was surprised! Pleasantly so!

And with both of them happily watching 'toons, I dozed til just before 8 and woke up in a panic!!! In the end, we arrived at church at exactly 9 am! Whew!! Samantha did fabulous today too! I calmed her down before I left, and then did the bathroom trick again. No tears when I left....and when I checked in on her 10 mins later, she was playing away! YAY!!!!!! I'm starting to remember the schedule a bit better now too! Not to mention the kids' names that are in my class!

After VBS we went to Staples to get a few things for our mission box on Friday...DJ especially enjoyed that and then showing it all off to Daddy when he got home! After lunch, Sam went right down for her nap and DJ went outside to swim! I was watching him....he's almost fearless now! Jumping right in from the get go! So proud of how far he's come in such a short time!

The evening was quite normal....dinner, play time, bed time for the kids and then Howie and I relaxed watching SYTYCD til he went to bed. Then I worked on the grocery list for tomorrow...and frogged the scarf I started....didn't like the way the pattern was shaping up. So, now I've created my own pattern....sorta! May frog it too...we'll see! Thankfully Christmas is still 4 months way!!!

As for SYTYCD...I dislike how the judges put "thoughts" into the voter's minds about who should be in the final....telling Adechike he's "tired" or "exhausted" doesn't play fair. Mind you...Kent was spectacular!!!!! Robert did amazing!!!!!! and Lauren was divine as usual!!! So those are my pick for the finale! I do think Adechike is better than Robert...but Robert proved why he should be in the finale with his dancing tonite!!! And that's my .02!

Til next time...pray for safety for all troops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!