Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mudder's Day

Altho, today was no different than any other day for me....I know my kids are too young to get the concept and my husband is too far away to spoil me in any way....it's just one year....out of how many more do I have of being a mom??? Many, many!!! So today was regular programming! And routine is good!

In honour of Mother's Day tho, here's a poem my mom handed me a week ago to read....

If I Had My Child to Raise Over Again
If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more about connecting.
Id take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less and know to care more.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often.
I'd model less about the love of power,
And more about the power of love.
D. Loomans
It's hard to follow that tho, even on your first time around the parenting ring....even harder to do it as a single parent!!!! These last 7 months have been challenging to say the least! I'm oh so very VERY ready to be only half of the parental unit for my kids!!! I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I'm a MUCH better parent when Daddy's around to shoulder even some of the responsibility!!! I did have a serious "aww" moment tonite putting the kids to bed. The routine is: read books, call Grandpa Hughes and chat, call Daddy and read his bedtime story and chat, say our prayers, sing Jesus Love Me, hug, kiss, nosies, and butterfly kisses. Well tonite during the prayers/song time SamSam decided she wanted to up on my lap with DJ....so I gave in (I do have two sides!) and she joined us. While singing, she snuggled right into the crook of my neck...copying DJ who was doing the same thing on the other side....That moment right there, was something I think EVERY mother lives for!! Such peace, contentment, and love! Undeniable love! In fact, I sang the song 3 times just to make the moment last that much longer!!! And it did!!! To my surprise, it did! Then they started giggling at each other....the sound of them laughing at nothing, is just amazing!!! We must have sat there for a good 5 minutes just enjoying each other!!! Y'know....I think they gave me the best Mother's Day gift ever....those 5 minutes!!!

But I'm still ready to have Daddy around part-time!!!!!!!!!!!!
We got word on Howie's application for citizenship....they finally found his application!! He'd gone to walmart with the receipt of his money order purchase....they were able to give him the the m/o's ID number....but being the silly man that he is, he'd cashed it in thinking it would expire...they don't....and got a new one....which he didn't have the receipt OR the ticket stub for....but they found that he did buy another one, and after some digging were able to find the number for him. He then called Naturalization back and they'd found his application....and will be sending him copies of everything. So that ball is now officially rolling....I just pray we don't have to wait for that ball to finish playing in order for me to go home! I can't even allow myself to think about the possibility that this interview next month may not go in my favour...my brain can't comprehend that right now!!! I don't want to, is really the truth!
OK, enough heavy stuff!!!! I got a lot of reading done today!! A LOT! I'm now 3/4's of the way thru New Moon....what a fabulous book!!!! I'm so engrossed and captivated!!! This author is fantastic!!!!!
Til next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!