Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

Bet yer bottom dollar that tomorrow....we'll have rain!!!

Oh that ISN'T how the song goes!?!?!?!?! HA That's the PNW version!!! justsoyaknow!

We did have sun today tho!! Glorious, 73 degree sun!!! Right from the get go too! This morning we had a picnic to attend! So I was ever so grateful to see the sun shining down on us! With not a cloud in sight! Sweet!!!

We were late leaving thanks to Miss B and her bad hearing...I swear this dog is deafer than me!! It took me 15 minutes to get her in the house around 10:30....so at 11:30 when we're ready to go out the door, what do the kids do...open it and let the dogs out!!! URGH!!!!!! Again, it took me 15 minutes to get her wandering butt in the house so we could leave! Calling for cookies didn't work...so I called Howie and had him on speakerphone and made him call her...it sorta worked...she wanted to know where he was!

We made it to the park shortly after 12, but luckily no one had started eating yet. My two took off running to play with the other kids there. We had 6 kids in our group, so that was good! It wasn't so much a tea party this time as it was last time, but it was fun!!! We let the kids run around more after lunch and then pulled them in for a craft....we made hats out of paper to go with the masks we made last time! I did more of it than they did, but they liked them...and liked wearing them!

About 2 we left and hit up Goodwill...I'm in search of a wrought iron shelving thing for out on the deck to get the planters up off the wood deck. I didn't see anything...but did get a Martha Stewart gingham valance for the kitchen. Now all I need is a tension rod and we're good to go!  Then we drove to Target to pick up SamSam's pix....they came in last week but I had no time to go get them...and I was hoping to meet up with Stephanie, my twitter friend, who works there and she actually did the picture taking. Alas, it didn't work out, she was on call for 3 but wasn't needed til 5...so like ships in the night, we missed each other.

Speaking of ships........have y'all seen this show Whale Wars??? I have a local mom friend who's been going on about it on her facebook so tonite I found it in On Demand and watched the first episode of season 2. I wasn't enthralled, but I am curious to see how it pans out...so will watch another epi or so. But what does that say about Lost??  I have 458437609 episodes in DVR to watch and I'd rather watch something new? hmmmmmm 

Oh well....I know I'll watch it eventually! Tonite was also the season finale of Glee...I can not put into words how much I absolutely LOVE this show!! Tonite gave me chills!!! Just listening to them sing that Journey medley was awesome!!!! I can't wait for the Fall when it comes back on. I did see that they're starting the season again on Thursdays at 8 pm...so if you haven't watched this show...now is your time to catch up and get just blown away!!! I plan on watching it all again!!



Now, I'm heading to bed....I did a half hour on the treadmill tonite while watching Jillian Michaels new show Losing It  which is really good!!! Teary, but good!! Motivating!!!

Til next time...pray for safety for all troops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!