Thursday, June 17, 2010

The irony is not lost on me!!!

Today my goal was to find my extra moby wrap to give to my g/f Wyndi for her trip next week. I have searched HIGH and low and can NOT find it anywhere!!! I cheated when I had DJ and made my own...its more like a mei tai and I got it off the http://www.babywearer.com/ ...the pattern made two of them...so I had two of them! Which worked out perfect in case of spit up and whatnot. I gave my other g/f Tiffany one before we moved...but since moving I have NO clue where the second one ended up. So, today I went in serious search for it.

Wanna know what else I found??


The toilet seat cover for our toilet....

The hanging closet thingy I've been looking for for 8 months...

The table cloth my grandma made for me as a wedding present...

And a whole bunch of other stuff I didn't know I was looking for!!!!!! I found my mom's old jewelery box from eons ago that she gave me an era ago...and it had ALL my earrings in it from high school and beyond! I kid you not!!! It was a veritable treasure trove of goodies!!! I could costume a movie set if it was set in the 80's NO PROBLEM!!!

And the I came across this quote, which just summed it up perfectly!!!!!

"I don't mean to brag or make anyone jealous or anything....but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school"


HAHAHAHAH isn't that great!!?!?!?! its true too!!! :P

I went thru the entire box and got rid of all the singles and broken stuff...but man, I had a LOT of earrings!! Samantha will have a ball dressing up in her later life!! There were actually a few pairs that were suitable for her now, so I'll clean those up and add them to her collection.

So, while I was lost down memory lane....wildly thinking my kids were upstairs watching Phineas and Ferb....I came to life and brought things in the house...which is when I discovered that my children were in fact, OUTSIDE!!!! DJ with no shoes on and neither of them with coats on...and of course, NO word to me whatsoever! I didn't have my cell with me (unforgivable, I know!) so I missed the frantic "Didyouknowyourkidsareoutside" phone calls from Michaela (thanks hon!) THIS is when I'm glad we live where we do and have who we have for neighbours!!! Whew!

Brought them both inside to give them trouble and time outs....once DJ understood what he did wrong he went back out to play....Sam and I did laundry! I think I did 4 or 5 loads today! I finally tackled the one corner in the laundry room that hasn't been dealt with since moving in. Here's hoping tomorrow is super nice so I can dry some stuff out on the deck rails!


Howie was super late coming home from work as he was attending Jake's baseball game....which got cancelled and turns out Jake wouldn't have played in tonite anyways due to an injury he got from football practice today. He took a finger to the eye ball...OUCH!!! It scraped up the side of his nose and into his eye...so he was out of commission for the game today. He did remember to put vanilla on the scratch part as it was starting to bruise!! Smart kid!! I guess I'm doing something right!

Tonite I got sucked into a show that just has me mortified!!! Toddlers & Tiaras on TLC....its INFRICKINSANE!!!! These mothers are awful!!!! This is the perfect template on how NOT to raise your daughter!! The things these moms were telling their daughters to say/do was atrocious!!! Got me all riled up!!! LOL

Til next time...pray for safety for all troops!


P.S....I still didn't find the wrap!!! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!