Thursday, June 11, 2009

Not good news...

But not bad news either...if that's possible...or even makes sense!
We arrived at the embassy for 6:45, fed the kids breakfast in the truck, and then headed to wait at the entrance of the embassy. Doors didn't open til 7:30 and we were 2nd in line to get in the door. While waiting we read all the notices of what NOT to bring...which was everything we had in our bag!! And no cell phones! So Howie trekked it back to the truck! Thankfully we didn't park too far away!

We went thru security...down a set of stairs and waited in the basement. A gentleman came and took our "letters" (mine was B) and took us up to the 19th floor of the building. Where we waited some more. I got called back about 8:30 and we all went...Howie and the kids got sent back to wait...I answered some questions...and was told to go sit, but that when he calls my name again to come alone. Was about another 15 mins and I was called again, this time to do finger prints. And then sent back to wait more!! The kids were really starting to get antsy at this point! So I fed Samantha and she dozed for a short while...finally about 9:55 they called me to a closed room. Again Howie and the kids got sent out...I was asked to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth, the whole truth...and so on. Then asked a series of questions. And they were was I able to cross the border twice since returning to Canada in September with no problems! So the end result: I wasn't approved, but I wasn't denied either...and after they do their "homework" and contact homeland security they'll inform me of their decision...either a 10 year ban for violating the first visa or the visa itself so our family can be reunited. Should know more in 2 we continue our wait!

I'm quite numb actually!! Disappointed! Stunned! But yet I can't cry...or rather, I haven't yet....I'm sure when Howie goes home on Saturday it'll hit me hard! Not knowing when we'll see each other again...the uncertainty of it all is mind boggling! Our 4th of July plans are null and is the semi-planned trip home on the 26th...we are plan-less til we hear from the consulate!

I hate not having a plan!!!

Til next time...ciao!


  1. I'll be praying for you and your family Missy that God will open the doors for you and your family to be together whether in Canada or the States. It is always frustrating not knowing, but God knows so I give you these simple words: "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take" (Proverbs 3:5-6)

  2. I am so sad and disappointed, although not nearly as much as you are, I know. I could cry for you. Now I have to start thinking positive thoughts for you again. Keep your chin up, Missy. Lots of people care about you, including me, and we will help you through this. Shall I start that petition now? BIG hug, Fiona

  3. Oh Missy...I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry, I am shocked actually. You have to keep positive as there is still hope! Don't give up and don't stop praying...I won't either. Hugssss to you, I'm sure you need them.
    Enjoy your days with your Family and trust that soon, very soon this bump in your road will all be behind you.

  4. that is not what i was expecting to hear and I'm sure you didn't either. I am so sorry it didn't go better but on the other hand, there is still hope, they didn't say no. I'll be praying that they show compassion and will issue the visa so your family can be together soon.

  5. i am very sad to hear, but am very hopeful that they will come to their senses and let you come home with your family. our thoughts and prayers are with you. steve, wyndi, and izabell.


Thanks SO much for dropping a line!