Sunday, June 7, 2009

He's Free...

That's how my superhero DJ says his age now. Yup, he's three! Three years ago today, this wonderful little boy made me a Mom. My life's ambition was completed! All I'd wanted to do by the time I turned 16 was to be a Mom....and it took some help from the world of medicine to make this little boy a reality.
We'd been married for 2 years and trying to conceive him for over a year, so off we went to the Dr to find out why we couldn't. All the testing, and poking and prodding...turned out I was the one with the issue. In layman's terms, I had a steel trap door downthere that wouldn't allow his boys to swim freely. Easy fix in the world of infertility...we certainly lucked out there. We did our first (and only) IUI (IntraUterine Insemination) on September 10th, 2005, and it worked like a charm! Boy were we thankful too!!! Our little guy was born on June 7, 2006 after 19.5 hours of labour, of which 2.5 of those were pushing, he was born via c-section weighing in at 10 lbs 15 oz and 21 inches long....I make 'em big! Since then he's been such an amazing little person...always wowing us with his talents! This last year we've seen him grow leaps and bounds!!! Literally too! He's currently standing at 3 ft, 2.75 in tall...so 38.75 inches....that's 2 inches since Christmas!!! His vocabulary has improved remarkably....as has his sense of humour! He is such a joy to have in our lives! To watch him be so incredibly loving to Samantha just melts my heart...he's constantly looking out for her (when he's not knocking her down that is) and sharing with her (when he's not taking everything from her) and hugging on her (it's more like a football tackle) and its just so cute!!

His birthday party today was a small affair and he had such a wonderful time! He really enjoyed opening all his presents, but didn't understand why he couldn't play with whatever he'd just opened right then! I'd love to say he was thrilled with all the clothes he got, but even at his tender age of three, he was not one bit excited..."oh, MORE shirts" without even looking in the box to see what else there might be...brat! And I was expecting more of a reaction to the movie Cars we gave him as he's been a Lightning McQueen freak for a while now....ho hum....and back to playing with the tool set my mom and dad gave him. Again...brat!

He's been very Daddy centric since his arrival last nite...which is MORE than okay with me!!! I'm enjoying the break...and Samantha did come around to him this morning. She woke up at 6 am and wasn't at all pleased that he was in bed with me...but he got up at that point to go read...so she nursed back to sleep and we both slept til 8 am! What a treat!!! She got up and let herself out the door and I waited for DJ to come say hello with the camera in hand...he did...came bounding in saying "Mum, you're awake!!!" Upon seeing the camera, he fled the room! BRAT!
After breakfast we had a birthday bath! Then we took off for the store to go get balloons!!! He didn't understand why he couldn't play with them right away and that they were for decoration...but he did okay without them til after everyone went home.
Nap time was a chore as he was just too excited!!! I fell asleep before he did, and woke with a start to find him peacefully sleeping beside me. Then I put SamSam down for her nap, and woke with a start on her too!

Everyone who said they were coming, came! Dinner was GREAT! (even if one of the cupcakes got eaten before it was cake time...) and I think DJ really enjoyed having everyone sing to him...he was just so darling to watch as he looked around the room to everyone singing...if only he could remember this! A room full of love for such a terrific kid!!!

One of his gifts from Aunt Joanne and Aunt Kim was Superman pyjamas that came complete with a Velcro cape...so we put them on for bed tonite! Turns out, his little buddy Clayton had the same PJ's, but his were Batman...SOOO cute! He, of course, didn't understand why he had to take the cape off to go to bed....even got up to go pee once I had Sam in bed, and asked where it was...whatta kid!

And so it is...I'm the mother of a 3 year old boy!!! Truly amazing! What a miracle he is!! And a gift by all means! I guess it's my birthday too in that regard! I thank the Lord for him daily!!!

Til next time...ciao!

1 comment:

  1. just wanted to let you know you had the most votes on your picture for the photo contest and you won!!! please email me your shipping info.
    congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!