Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I was working in the lab late one night

When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
For my monster from his slab began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise

He did the mash
He did the monster mash
The monster mash
It was a graveyard smash
He did the mash
It caught on in a flash
He did the mash
He did the monster mash
source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/

I got DJ hooked on this video in youtube today!! He was mesmerized by it for some reason...and it's a cartoon version too, not real people...at first I only let him listen to the song while we danced, but then he wanted to "see" it and he must've watched it 10 times today!

I can remember (and this was "back in the day") that we'd have Halloween parties at school and this song would be playing on a loop in the background (probably a cassette tape too!) while we enjoyed gross looking foods that were meant to be creepy....boy, those were the days!!! lol Now, like every other major holiday, its been banned from the schools. Not that we'll have that issue at a Christian school...just a memory that 'haunted' me today.

Thank goodness it was sunny out today...the kids were outside for the most part all afternoon which was wonderful! I was able to take a shower uninterrupted!! Such a treat!! Especially amidst the pleas to put their costumes on! That was the question of the day!! And also the bribe of the day....you try threatening a 5 year old that he'll lose his potential candy!!!! It works!!! Of course, now we're moving on to the Christmas threat!! ho ho ho!

Finally after dinner Buzz got ready and so did our Monkey! DJ was able to wear his Buzz costume again...altho in his mind I'm sure this was the first year for it...who am I to disappoint!? And Sam, while she wanted to be a princess, we had a monkey costume on hand....and that's what I got her excited to be! She had fun with it too!! And was THE cutest monkey ever!!!!

We went back to the same houses we went to last year...and it went a bit quicker I must say...they did awesome walking from house to house...and we only had 2 falls...one each kid! Sam struggled carrying her bag after the first street we did, so we dumped it into the back of the car before doing the second street...since they're not at the greedy stage, we didn't do more than 25 homes...just enough to let them get the whole picture! We were back home before 8 and they were already in their jammies...under their costumes...so we sorted the candy, and they each got 3 picks...and only one had to be throw out due to lack of air in the bag...and then it was teeth brushing time! They were both out like lights pretty quick! DJ before I could get to him even! Sam was thrilled when I told her she could be a Princess next year....Apunzel is her first choice!!! I'm not surprised!

So we watched HIMYM which was hilarious for this Canadian!! Howie went to bed half way thru it...again! so I watched the rest of the line up. 2 Broke Girls was funny! And 2.5 men had me laughin! Mike & Molly was the best tonite tho...Spongebob was killer!!! Castle was dramatic...not typical for a Halloween nite...but still good!

I think I'll go get into my costume now...and pretend to be a sleeping person! :D

Til next time...God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!