Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Look Ma, no tears!!!!!

This morning DJ woke up a whole 4 minutes before the alarm was to go off...not sure when he crawled in with us, but he was there waking me up at 6:56!! And I quote "Mummy, MUMMY!!! Wake up! WAKE UP!!! It's a school day!!!!!" and he was off to wake Howie up who was already awake from the first exclamation!! lol Crazy kid!!

I then woke Sam up and we got breakfast going while the kids watch tv...something that won't be happening on school days as it robbed us of some precious time for sure!! By 8 we were in the truck and on our way to school!! Of course, this was after we spiked DJ's hair into a faux hawk thing he's been loving lately....as long as it's not picture day, I'm good with it! lol We got to the school just as the bell was ringing so off we went to his classroom. Hung up his backpack, put his lunch box in his cubby hole and walked him into his room. Mrs. Hughes was happy to see him and had rearranged the seating a bit, so now DJ is in the middle section of seats instead of the side section. I blew him a kiss and off we went...but not before getting a present from the teacher...a package of tissues with a poem wrapped around it.

I waited til we got in the truck to open the paper up and I read the title "The First Day" and put it down on the console as I knew if I read it, I'd be needing those darn tissues!! When we got home I took it in the house and read it....hope you have a tissue handy....

The First Day

I gave you a little wink and smile as you entered my room today
For I know how hard it is to leave and know your child must stay.

You've been with him for five years now and have been a loving guide
But now, alas, the time has come to leave him at my side.

Just know that as you drive away and tears down your cheeks may flow,
I'll love him as I would my own and help him learn and grow.

For as a parent, I too know how quickly the years do pass,
And not long ago it was my turn to take my child to class.

So please put your mind at ease and cry those tears no more,
For I will love him and take him in when you leave him at my door.

Author Unknown


DID SHE WANNA MAKE ME CRY!!??!?!?!?!? Dang!! I was choked up for sure, but still far too happy to have him learning and be in the care of such a wonderful teacher I'm sure we'll never forget!! She's a pastor's wife, and has been teaching at the school for 22 years now, so he's definitely in good hands!

We then puttered around til it was time to leave again...Sam was Howie's shadow in the garage the whole time, leaving me to deal with my Avon order and last minute orders and then we were off for Howie's chiro appointment and me to do the pizza run for the shed before picking DJ up. We got to the school a bit early, and since there were kids playing on the playground, Sam didn't get to play like I thought she would....oh well, she was engrossed in Tangled anyways. We weren't sure how the picking up process goes, but turns out they come out and we pick them up from the front of the school...rather easy! So off we went after getting hugs hello. He said he had lots of fun and made new friends....when I asked what his new friend's names were, he shrugged and said "I don't know..." lol That's my boy! 

I checked his backpack and found his work from today...they started with the letter 'a'...and the story of John the Baptist baptizing Jesus...and then I found the real tear jerking work...a picture of his hand print and this poem:

The Kissing Hand
by Audrey Penn

It's my first day of school
And the "Kissing Hand" is what we read.
It's about a raccoon
Who did just as his parent said.

Like the raccoon's first day at school
I was scared and little shy.
But because of what you said
I was brave and I got by.

All through the year
I'll make more things for you.
So as I change and as I learn
You can see my growth too!!

And then he printed his name....and there's a hand print he did in red paint on the right hand side. SERIOUSLY, IS SHE WANTING ME TO BAWL!?!?!?! haha, no, this was quite darling tho!!! I'll be saving this one for sure! So sweet! *sigh*

The afternoon went too quick...I did manage a half hour nap on the couch while everyone else was down in the garage...then I bathed Miss Belle as last nite I noticed a bunch of moving organisms on her belly that shouldn't be there! So I looked up home remedies and bathed her with dish soap...that was educational to say the least!!! Watching the fleas scramble to get off her, and die mid movement or flop into the water was unexpected to say the least! Not sure what I was expecting, but dang! So far tonite, I've only seen 2 and killed 'em both!!! I also gave her the sample tablet flea thingy we got from the vet that will kill off the larvae (Oh that word makes me cringe!) 

I then showered (who wouldn't after giving a flea bath) and got ready to head out to an Avon thing...one of my local reps and I headed to Southcenter to go to a presentation all about the new Christmas stuff that Avon's coming out with...I can't wait!!!! They really dropped the ball last year Christmas wise and realized it and made up for it this year!!! It was a good meeting to attend and good to see my girls!!

I got home after 9 to a quiet house and took Belle out right away....guess my noise scared Howie and he came out to investigate...I then made DJ's lunch and got Howie's coffee ready for morning before sitting down to watch tv. Since I had nothing new to watch, I watched a movie I'd recorded on dvr back in June....Parent Trap II...with Haley Mills in it too!! I'd never seen the sequel...it was cute! Not sure I'd watch it again...lol

Now I'm off to bed...way earlier than last nite for sure...that 7 am thing is EARLY!!!!! :)


Til next time...God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!