Monday, September 26, 2011

Back to life!!

This weekend has NOT been a fun one for me!!! Saturday I woke up with a concert hangover that was just awful!!! My hips hurt, my back hurt, my throat hurt, everything hurt! But we were up and at 'em nice and early cuz DJ had his first flag football game at 10 in Snohomish....and we needed to leave by 9 to get there in time. I made us eggamuffins for breakfast, per DJ's request and off we went. I have to say, the coaches did a PHENOMENAL job at using all the players and rotating them in and out of positions to get everyone equal playing time...even if they were bad...or just stood there like DJ watching it all happen. He's definitely a daydreamer on the field...but they won 20-14 and the kids don't even know it, which I think is the best part. GO CHARGERS!!!!!

When we got home, Jake was waiting on the front lawn, he'd come to the game and drove ahead of us and beat us home....and at this point I'm REALLY not feelin well, so I went a laid down...and slept for 3 hours!!! Unheard of!! And even then, it took me an hour to get out of bed...I had Howie bring me the thermometer and sure enough, I had a low grade fever. At 3:30 I got up to go grocery shopping, and decided at 4, just as I'm headed out the door, that we REALLY don't NEED anything specific, and the groceries can wait another day or two...and back into bed I went!

For dinner I had soup while everyone else had real food...my throat was just awful!! My gland were (and still are right now even) swollen pretty bad. Got the kids in bed before 8 even and I left at 8:15 to go  do the Panera run with the gleaners....which if I hadn't had someone to train (which meant she could do the heavy lifting) I would have asked for a switch off. Got that done and was home at 10:15 and watched tv til bed.

The nite was awful with tonnes of wake ups...but at some point the fever broke...and at 5 something Howie got back in bed as the fishing scene was far too windy for the boat on the water today...DJ even went back to bed and the kids slept til 8:30. Sam came in at one point with her stuffed dolphin to help me feel better...awww!!! I got up at 9:30 and had breakfast with the kids...Howie didn't get up til 11 or so and then Sam and I took off at noon to go Avoning.

She's such a little sweetheart! She wouldn't let me have the radio on and instead sang to me for most to the time we were in the car....and she did grab a 35 minute nap too, which was nice of her! We got home just before 6 and got dinner on the go. After dinner I gave Howie a haircut and then jumped in the shower to get those prickly hairs off me. Got the kids in bed just before 9 and sat down to watch me some Desperate Housewives!!!! I missed the first 2 minutes and was a lil confuzzled as to who died, but clued in pretty quick.  Then I watched Amazing Race, which will be a good one!!!! Not sure who I'm rootin for just yet...time will tell. Then I watched The Good Wife...which is now on Sundays instead of Tuesdays, that'll take some getting used to! It was very good season premiere tho!! Now, the lunch is made, the coffee is set on timer and I'm headin to bed!

Finished up Summer Sisters, and now moving on to either another Janet Evanovich book, or another Debbie Macomber book...those are my two fave authors!! :)

Til next time...God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!